Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Help me choose color for a Q5? I'm sort of feeling this one

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Epicurus88
I honestly think Meteor Grey is the ugliest color for the Q5. The color in theory looks nice, but in person, it looks horribly old, washed out, and dated. In person there's nothing appealing about this color whatsoever.

I wish they would offer lava grey here in the states, but they don't.

I would say teak brown is the exact opposite of meteor grey--it's awful in theory, but in person, it's quite stunning.

Black is classy, but kinda boring.

White is nice, but I can see it going out of style.

Deep Sea Blue is a beautiful color because from some angles it looks black, and from some angles it looks like a very deep, rich, blue.

Quartz grey is pretty cool. It's better than meteor grey, but nothing to write home about.

And finally silver is a good color, but cliched.

Epicurus88, I know all of this is quite subjective, but I absolutely agree with your assessment. In fact, I bit the bullet and special ordered Lava Gray. I'd seen it on the Q7 and it really was the color I wanted. Had I not gone that route, Deep Sea Blue probably would have been next on the list.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One thing no one has pointed out is, if you aren't stuck on a particular color youmight be able to find a Q5 on the lot with the options you want vs having to order one and wait three months.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Also remember that for an extra $2500 Audi will paint your car any color you desire, if that is worth it to you. There was a thread on here showing a bunch of custom painted Q5's ordered by an Audi dealer in Seattle, they sold quick like hotcakes!
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...ht=paint+color
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2761516

Last edited by billypete; 01-13-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Epicurus88
I honestly think Meteor Grey is the ugliest color for the Q5. The color in theory looks nice, but in person, it looks horribly old, washed out, and dated. In person there's nothing appealing about this color whatsoever.
Wow... I receive nothing but compliments on my 2011 Q5 2.0T Meteor Grey.

I personally think it is a great color for the Q5 but it is all subjective. Teak brown for example, is not my fav color but I would not call it ugly. Just not my style.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by boltsfan
Wow... I receive nothing but compliments on my 2011 Q5 2.0T Meteor Grey.

I personally think it is a great color for the Q5 but it is all subjective. Teak brown for example, is not my fav color but I would not call it ugly. Just not my style.

I couldn't agree with you more. I've yet to encounter a person who doesn't like the meteor grey when they see my Q. When I was washing mine today, I was admiring how classy the color is, and how wonderful it is that it changes with the ambient light. I also don't care for the teak brown, but wouldn't call it ugly because to someone, it's fantastic, and perfect for them, To me, every color offered for the Q adds it own special quality to the vehicle, and one can't go wrong with any of the choices.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by S-Line Q5
Did you not even consider the Cinnamon interior? I understand some people just don't care for it but I'm so tired of black, beige and grey being the only choice for interiors in most cars, I wanted to try something different.

My dealership also had an Ibis white with cinnamon which looked surprisingly good.
can you link me to the cinnamon interior?

sorry guys, i was away the last few days
Old 01-17-2011, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jb1984
can you link me to the cinnamon interior?

sorry guys, i was away the last few days
Ihave a 2011 3.2 Sline in Meteor grey and cinnamon and have incuded two pics. I personally love the cinnamon as it brightens the interior since the Sline has a black headliner.
Attached Images   
Old 01-17-2011, 05:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

luv2golf,

That's a gorgeous chameleon-like color. Do I see a bluish, tealish, silverish blend?

You stay classy, meteor grey. Classy indeed.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by luv2golf
Ihave a 2011 3.2 Sline in Meteor grey and cinnamon and have incuded two pics. I personally love the cinnamon as it brightens the interior since the Sline has a black headliner.
nice ride. i have the cinnamon with the black exterior. i thought the cinnamon had a classy feel that you normally dont see in cars. everything is the same old same when it comes to interior colors, its about time for the interiors get some luv to match some of the gorgeous exterior colors.