Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Help me decide! SQ5 vs TDI...

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 09:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Gossip Girl
Just do it! You will not regret it. Sounds awesome. I love the 21" wheels. The tires handle great.
gossip girl,

sorry to threadjack but your sig suggests you're one of the lucky ones who actually got a factory (port) installed hitch on their SQ5. Can you please post pics of the rear with the hitch? I'd like to see how it looks like on an SQ5. I ordered it on my SQ5 and it was in the order bank system for months, but then my SQ5 showed up at the dealer this weekend minus a hitch

Dealer will be getting one once available and they're eating the labor and install.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by larryV
gossip girl,

sorry to threadjack but your sig suggests you're one of the lucky ones who actually got a factory (port) installed hitch on their SQ5. Can you please post pics of the rear with the hitch? I'd like to see how it looks like on an SQ5. I ordered it on my SQ5 and it was in the order bank system for months, but then my SQ5 showed up at the dealer this weekend minus a hitch

Dealer will be getting one once available and they're eating the labor and install.
It is a factory hitch but it was installed at the dealer after delivery. It looks identical to how it would look if installed at the port. It just costs more. There is a plate that can be detached in order to install the hitch. My Audi tech decided to cut the plate itself to make it smaller and even less obtrusive. I think ordinarily they would remove the whole plate. Pic attached.
Attached Images  
Old 08-21-2013, 04:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is a factory hitch but it was installed at the dealer after delivery. It looks identical to how it would look if installed at the port. It just costs more. There is a plate that can be detached in order to install the hitch. My Audi tech decided to cut the plate itself to make it smaller and even less obtrusive. I think ordinarily they would remove the whole plate. Pic attached.
Wow. That's a very neat job. Good on your Audi Tech!
Old 08-21-2013, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by amstrad
Wow. That's a very neat job. Good on your Audi Tech!
Not sure how most dealerships would do this. I was pleased with how it looks. I would say you can always do it, because they will give you that plate back if they remove the whole thing.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

So I put a deposit down on a Lava Grey SQ5 (prestige plus, Nav, nappa, carbon atlas, 21" wheels).

Got my ACNA 6% off and $1,000 off for audi loyalty

Super excited.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

That's awesome. Congrats. I'm surprised they have you the loyalty bonus. I was told that did not apply for SQ5. I'll have to call Audi about that.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by scrmorling
The deciding factor for me would be the 1+ sec advantage of the SQ5 in the 0-60. Steve
At ~6secs 0-60 real world for the TDI, that's seriously moving. I realize it's not as quick as the SQ5, but it's faster than a whole host of cars on the road and likely many of it's owners will never even use its full potential. Just worth noting.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Originally Posted by wrcardon
Pluses for the SQ5...
  • Nicer interior - ... steering wheel ...
I would disagree with that. I think the air-leather TDI S-Line steering wheel is nicer than the SQ5. It would be best if it had both air leather and opposite stitching, but given the choice of one over the other I'd take air-leather all the way. So much more comfortable on the hands, especially on long drives (perfect match for TDI)

S-Line:

SQ5:
Old 08-21-2013, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

That's awesome. Congrats. I'm surprised they have you the loyalty bonus. I was told that did not apply for SQ5. I'll have to call Audi about that.
So one dealership said that the SQ5 didn't qualify for the ANCA. This one agreed to both and I got it in writing (email) that they would guarantee this if I placed a deposit.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Daytona Gray S-Line

Quick Reply: Help me decide! SQ5 vs TDI...