Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Help me decide! SQ5 vs TDI...

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 12:26 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by wrcardon
So I put a deposit down on a Lava Grey SQ5 (prestige plus, Nav, nappa, carbon atlas, 21" wheels).

Got my ACNA 6% off and $1,000 off for audi loyalty

Super excited.
That's terrific, well done. Do you have an approximate delivery date yet? Steve
Old 08-21-2013, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I put a deposit down on a Lava Grey SQ5 (prestige plus, Nav, nappa, carbon atlas, 21" wheels).

Super excited.
There you go! Good decision! When is delivery? Be sure to post pics!

I'm so jealous of you guys (and gals) who already have your SQ5s! I've got another 45 days to go......
Old 08-25-2013, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Super excited.
That's odd, how are you guys getting the ACNA 6% off on a MY2014 car? I checked with ACNA and it states it's only applicable to MY2013.

"At participating dealers, you will be able to purchase or lease select MY13 Audi models at 6% below MSRP (excluding RS5, TTRS, A8W12, Q5 hybrid and R8 models)."

You guys are lucky if you could do that. I tried doing that but only got the Audi Loyalty Incentive and some haggling.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:34 PM
tgt
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Give Audi USA a call, applicable for 2014's as well without issue.

-tgt

Originally Posted by adeguzOOOO
That's odd, how are you guys getting the ACNA 6% off on a MY2014 car? I checked with ACNA and it states it's only applicable to MY2013.

"At participating dealers, you will be able to purchase or lease select MY13 Audi models at 6% below MSRP (excluding RS5, TTRS, A8W12, Q5 hybrid and R8 models)."

You guys are lucky if you could do that. I tried doing that but only got the Audi Loyalty Incentive and some haggling.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by tgt
Give Audi USA a call, applicable for 2014's as well without issue.

-tgt
I ordered my Q5TDI already with the Audi dealership in which I had to put a deposit down and negotiated the price. Would calling Audi USA and obtaining the forms to get the 6% discount be allowed? I wished I knew that before going to the dealership as ACNA stated on the MY2013 cars.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by adeguzOOOO
The website language hasn't been updated, but it's been confirmed that Audi updated to include 2014s (and the current form includes 2014). So Supplier via ACNA will apply for 2014s (as long as your dealer accepts Supplier discounts, which isn't guaranteed but is really rare to see not accepted).
Old 09-06-2013, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Back to the topic at hand....

Rather than start a new thread, I'll pick up by going back to the OP's question.

Finally sold my 2004 A8L to a lucky gent (I'll miss it!) and now back in the market for a Q5.

Got to drive an SQ5 Prestige and TDI last night. The SQ5 was phenomenal. As many have written, it's a great combination of utility and performance.

The surprise for me was the TDI. I had never considered diesel, but will have to throw it in the mix now. I was really pleased with how it ran.

One question I haven't seen on the forums for TDI owners - How do the maintenance costs for the 3.0 TDI compare to the 3.0 gas engine? From what I'm reading, it may be a bit more, but the premium on purchase price isn't too great, and the mileage difference is pretty significant.

Thanks in advance for the thoughts. Hoping to make a decision soon and report back...

Andy
Old 09-06-2013, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bmwdrew
Rather than start a new thread, I'll pick up by going back to the OP's question.

Finally sold my 2004 A8L to a lucky gent (I'll miss it!) and now back in the market for a Q5.

Got to drive an SQ5 Prestige and TDI last night. The SQ5 was phenomenal. As many have written, it's a great combination of utility and performance.

The surprise for me was the TDI. I had never considered diesel, but will have to throw it in the mix now. I was really pleased with how it ran.

One question I haven't seen on the forums for TDI owners - How do the maintenance costs for the 3.0 TDI compare to the 3.0 gas engine? From what I'm reading, it may be a bit more, but the premium on purchase price isn't too great, and the mileage difference is pretty significant.

Thanks in advance for the thoughts. Hoping to make a decision soon and report back...

Andy
My MPG on the SQ5 has been outstanding....20 to 24. And that's in the mountains of Colorado...high elevation. I just don't see how you could think the TDI comes close to the SQ5 in terms of performance. As for saving money on gas, I don't see the point of that either when you're spending $55-60K for a car. However, if you think you're going to save the planet, go for it. I for one am anticipating global cooling.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

##if you think you're going to save the planet, go for it. I for one am anticipating global cooling.

Amen to that Sister !!!!!
Old 09-06-2013, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tomaszp72
##if you think you're going to save the planet, go for it. I for one am anticipating global cooling.

Amen to that Sister !!!!!

Quick Reply: Help me decide! SQ5 vs TDI...