Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Help,what audio system does my car have?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 12:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help,what audio system does my car have?

I just bought a 2.0 TFSI
I seem to had lost it regarding the levels of audio system for this car.

Fist I thought are the Chorus/Concert/Symphony
Then I read about Basic/Basic plus/Audi sound system/and B&Ο
How does it goes?
Does the MMI wears something in particular of the above always?Or something on its own.
I'm retrofitting APS and ADS from Kufatec.They need to know what audio system is wearing.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Bazz6666
I just bought a 2.0 TFSI
I seem to had lost it regarding the levels of audio system for this car.

Fist I thought are the Chorus/Concert/Symphony
Then I read about Basic/Basic plus/Audi sound system/and B&Ο
How does it goes?
Does the MMI wears something in particular of the above always?Or something on its own.
I'm retrofitting APS and ADS from Kufatec.They need to know what audio system is wearing.
Forgot to say mine has the MMI 3g(not high)
Old 03-18-2013, 12:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

If it is MMI 3g then you have MMI 3g :-) Symphony/Chorus/Concert differ by functionality, but are all just plain radios. MMI on the other hand is combined radio and navigation unit. So if you have MMI (any type) you do not have separate radio installed.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 358 Likes on 210 Posts

-Concert radio offers radio reception and CD playback with balanced sound with single CD drive and SDHC card readers
-Symphony radio offers radio reception and CD playback with exceptional sound quality with integrated six-disc CD changer and an SDHC card reader

Audi sound system ensures a perfectly balanced sound throughout the vehicle interior
6-channel amplifier, ten speakers including center speaker in the dashboard and subwoofer in the spare wheel well (at Q5 hybrid quattro under the cargo floor), total output 180 watts
Note: can only be ordered in conjunction with concert radio, symphony radio or a navigation system

Bang & Olufsen sound system offers exceptional audio experience
Surround sound playback over 14 high-performance speakers, one center speaker and two midrange in the dashboard; each tweeter in the mirror triangle, each one woofers in the front doors, two tweeters and two low-mid in the rear doors, two surround speakers in the D-pillars and a subwoofer in the spare wheel well (at Q5 hybrid quattro under the cargo floor), exclusive speaker covers with aluminum trim, dynamic driving noise compensation, 10-channel amplifier, total output 505 watts

In conjunction with MMI ® navigation plus and the integrated DVD drive to play 5.1 surround sound is possible.
Note: can only be ordered in conjunction with concert radio, symphony radio or a navigation system

Aluminum ring that surrounds the speaker with the inscription Bang & Olufsen
Old 03-18-2013, 01:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mirekmal
If it is MMI 3g then you have MMI 3g :-) Symphony/Chorus/Concert differ by functionality, but are all just plain radios. MMI on the other hand is combined radio and navigation unit. So if you have MMI (any type) you do not have separate radio installed.
Thank you both for the replying.It makes sense!But then again after checking the list Spijun added makes me wonder,the MMI where does it sit?How many speakers does it have.I would like to upgrade to something better,say the Audi sound system.Or is the MMI as good as to what I intend to upgrade.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 358 Likes on 210 Posts

http://www.audi.com/com/brand/en/too...i.browser.html
http://www.audi.com/com/brand/en/too...s.browser.html

Last edited by spijun; 03-25-2013 at 02:06 AM.