Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

How many of you are expecting your Q5 to show up in late Sep/early Oct?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 03:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many of you are expecting your Q5 to show up in late Sep/early Oct?

I'm for sure waiting for mine since late May. I have an Ibis White/Cardamom 2.0 P+ on order and my sales rep had informed me on Aug 31 that the database shows the Q5 to be 'In Transit'. I got the VIN on Sep 1 but haven't been able to track the ship progress using the website:
https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...ckSearchResult.

I'm from CA and I'm wondering if there is anyone who is on the same boat? Any word on ETA from the dealer (I have not gotten an update from my dealer but the system seemed to show 10/3)?
Old 09-14-2011, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

My Q5 is getting loaded at this very moment at Emden. My VIN didnt show up on that search either cause it isn't being shipped by WW. It's being sent by Matsui MOL. It's the ship Grand Cosmo.

It heads for Bremerhaven tomorrow and then on to the States. It arrives in Brunswick, GA on Sept 30. I don't think this one goes to California though.

You can call your dealer and they can tell you the ship's name. Then just track it on the marinetraffic.com website
Old 09-14-2011, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Forgot to also mention that before I found out my boats name, I was doing self research. Two RORO ships that left Germany for the states just before me was the Mignon and the Integrity. I don't know if Audi uses them or not.

I think Mignon is a WW ship so you are probably not on that one if your VIN isn't coming up on the search. Perhaps you may be on the Integrity?

Just throwing spaghetti on the wall for ya.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks g8tor20! I have asked my sales rep a couple of times if he is aware of the ship name and he told me that he doesn't have any information and he won't have any more info until the ship hits the port of entry.

From another member, I came to know that there's a ship coming to San Diego on Sep 16th... Dunno if mine will be in on that one...
Old 09-15-2011, 04:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

My sales rep knew the date it arrives but not the boat it was on. I wanted to track it on it voyage so I called them back and asked. He had to call their Audi help desk. You can always call Audi of America and talk to a rep. That rep will call the dealer and find out whatever you want to know.

Good luck and congrats on the new Q
Old 09-15-2011, 07:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Having the same frustration. As of yesterday, mines's supposed to show up in SD 10/7 and was loaded 9/10. However, the site noted in other threads in this forum - http://www.pwl.de/8_1 - doesn't show any San Diego bound vessel that arrives in that time frame. So, trying to work backwards, I went to the San Diego marine information site - http://www.sdmis.org/schedule/ - to see arrivals.

However, of those in the arrival zone from a time perspective, none of them are bound for San Diego from the information I find on marinetraffic.com.

What's interesting/annoying is that some forum members state that their dealer can get the ship's name and others cannot. I've actually sat with my salesperson and looked at the information on accessaudi.com and it does not appear that they have that information (or access to it). I know AoA has this information, because I have a large client that does shipping all over the world with multiple lines. They have to know because of ownership, insurance, and regulatory compliance. Claiming to not have that information is certainly not exhibiting the same level of technology as their automobiles.

Equally interesting is that while the dealer thinks the vehicle is being delivered to San Diego, the the time from arrival (10/7) to release to carrier (10/13) to delivery (10/24) is 2 1/2 weeks. It makes me think that the car is going to Houston and being sent on railcar?

Does anybody here that got the vessel information from their salesperson know where the information came from within the Audi system and care to share it with us?
Old 09-15-2011, 07:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

One other thing as a follow-up to my previous post. By using the marinetraffic.com information, I can tell that the Grand Neptune departed in the right timeframe, but it shows that it's bound for Brunswick (GA). It's a 12+ day voyage between there and San Diego, so it's possible that this is the ship.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

My salesman had the sheet which discussed the time it got shipped and arrived in port but not the ship's name or which port mine was loaded at. I asked for the ship's name and he had to call his "Dealer Audi Help Desk". I also wanted to know what port it was at because I am going to put together a digital scrapbook of its voyage and wanted to see if it was Bremerhaven since they have webcam's at the RORO terminal.

Concurrently, I got my AoA rep on the phone (really nice lady). She said she had to call the dealer and get the information from them. I went along with it. So, she called up my dealer and spoke with them. The next day, both the dealer and the AoA rep called me with the ship and port of loading (Emdem).

So, its a tad confusing on who has the information and who has the authority to give it out. I went through both avenues and got the answer from both (although the rep did say it had to go through the dealer). Weird.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Also...like I said, my shipper was Matsui MOL RORO

I used their website (http://www.molroro.com/MOLVesselSchedule.aspx) and found a ship from Emden to San Diego with the following info:

ISTRA ACE Emden 19 Aug 11 14:00 20 Aug 11 15:48
ISTRA ACE San Diego 18 Sep 11 07:00 18 Sep 11 17:00

So...that ship was loaded in Emden on 8/19 and get's to San Diego in 3 days. Perhaps that helps....or perhaps not
Old 09-15-2011, 08:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I ordered my Q5 about a month ago (mid August); the salesman initially said it would probably arrive middle of October. I haven't heard anything from them since -- I am thinking about calling and asking if they have a VIN yet. Fortunately, it's only about 10 miles from the sea port to the dealer lot, so that part of the process probably won't take long after it arrives.

Quick Reply: How many of you are expecting your Q5 to show up in late Sep/early Oct?