Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

how to turn engine off but keep radio on?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 03:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2015 Q5 keeps the radio on until the door is opened, just like my other cars and 1999 pickup truck. Did not realize you could change this.
Old 03-07-2021, 04:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by rsfdoc
Have a 2011 prem plus w/out start/stop button. If you just push the KEY in (brake depressed or not) W/OUT PULLING IT OUT everything keeps going (engine stops-radio keeps playing). When key is pulled out everything shuts off. Hope this helps.
This doesn't help me... I have a 2015 Audi A3
And the radio doesn't stay on unless the engine is running
Old 05-12-2021, 01:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default ALL OF YOU ARE WRONG!!

Originally Posted by snagitseven
For those who keep asking for a solution, it was provided in posts #16, #19 and #21. You need to buy a Ross-Tech VCDS cable (or mobile version) and use their Vag-Com software to activate the hidden menu. Or have access to someone who has one. Dealers do not use VCDS, they have their own dedicated system, and it's more rare than not if they are willing to change factory software settings.
I have the same problem.. When i press the stop button, everything goes off..
I shuts off the entire car.. Even my automatic seat adjustment wont even work anymore until i press the start button again.

This started with me, when i was in the hidden green menu.. I did some adjustments.. And now it's all to hell..
I have put all the tweaks back on before i started changing things, but still it does the same thing..

I really don't know what setting this was..

Hopefully someone comes by here , and can give me the solution.
Old 05-12-2021, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex de Gier
I have the same problem.. When i press the stop button, everything goes off..
I shuts off the entire car.. Even my automatic seat adjustment wont even work anymore until i press the start button again.

This started with me, when i was in the hidden green menu.. I did some adjustments.. And now it's all to hell..
I have put all the tweaks back on before i started changing things, but still it does the same thing..

I really don't know what setting this was..

Hopefully someone comes by here , and can give me the solution.
All of the posters are wrong? Wrong about what specifically? If one has access to a Vag-Com and ability to access the hidden menus, your post is a good example of how changing settings in that menu can screw up the MMI. One should never make changes in either the hidden menus or Vag-Com options unless you know exactly what you are doing. Not following this advice can permanently trash your electronics. BTW, this thread was over 4 years old.
Old 05-12-2021, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Green menu?
Sorry guys, that applies to MMI models only, not the base AMI systems, where the menus are ORANGE.
Carista has this option in their beta version right now. The last one didn't work. I haven't had time to check this one yet.

But Carista does allow owners to enable the hidden BATTERY LEVEL meter. Which only measures in 10% increments.