Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

I think I made a big mistake...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 10:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think I made a big mistake...

I started having some major problems with my Q5 at about 4000 miles. Bad rear hatch sensor, the reverse lines stopped working on the back-up camera, slow and unresponsive MMI, intermittend blue tooth issues, etc. The worst offender is the EPC light comes on every time I start the car and the car won't rev past 4k. The first 2 times they tried to fix it, it came right back on. I just dropped the car off for a week so they could drive it around and do diagnostics and they claim that there was another bad sensor that was causing it and they are replacing it. But now Audi wants to send out an engineer to take a look at the thing so that tells me there are some bigger problems that I don't know about. The thing doesn't even have 5k miles on it and its been in the shop 3 times. I hope others aren't having the same amount of problems!
Old 04-14-2010, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you got one with a bad electrical system, which really sucks. Electrical systems are hard to ever fix. I hope they get this worked out for you, but if not, make sure you read up on the lemon law in your state. I wish you the best as I know how frustrating this can be.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

If you lived in MI, I would have been happy to represent you on your soon to be lemon law case
Old 04-14-2010, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by battles2a5
I started having some major problems with my Q5 at about 4000 miles. Bad rear hatch sensor, the reverse lines stopped working on the back-up camera, slow and unresponsive MMI, intermittend blue tooth issues, etc. The worst offender is the EPC light comes on every time I start the car and the car won't rev past 4k. The first 2 times they tried to fix it, it came right back on. I just dropped the car off for a week so they could drive it around and do diagnostics and they claim that there was another bad sensor that was causing it and they are replacing it. But now Audi wants to send out an engineer to take a look at the thing so that tells me there are some bigger problems that I don't know about. The thing doesn't even have 5k miles on it and its been in the shop 3 times. I hope others aren't having the same amount of problems!
yes, I would start keeping track of the days your car have spend in the shop in total, usually 30 days and you are qualify for the lemon law in some states. Start documenting everything the dealer do, get everything in writing and start thinking new car lemon law. Good Luck
Old 04-14-2010, 01:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys, I've already reading up on the laws. 4 attempts or 20 days in the shop over the first 12 months in NC. I'm getting good documentation. I just hope it doesn't come to that. The worst part is that I absolutely love the car when it works, which makes this that much harder to deal with.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks guys, I've already reading up on the laws. 4 attempts or 20 days in the shop over the first 12 months in NC. I'm getting good documentation. I just hope it doesn't come to that. The worst part is that I absolutely love the car when it works, which makes this that much harder to deal with.
You should like the Q5...it's a great car! If it becomes unfixable and deemed "a Lemon" don't let that stop you from getting another. The likelihood of getting a second Q5 with multiple electrical issues is NIL, IMO. GL..and I hope they get it sorted out in short order.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Arent you at 20 days already or close to it. I would start the procedure now, start by calling Audi of America and tell them your intention of applying for lemon law. Hopfully, they will take you more seriously and attempt to fix it faster. Maybe ask Audi for some kind of compensation even if it is fixed.