Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Ibis White / Beige Interior

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ibis White / Beige Interior

Hey guys,

I am close to finalizing deal for my Q5 (premium plus+nav+b&o)

I am going with Ibis White & cardamon beige interior.

was just wondering if anyone has Q5 with beige interior and how does the dash board & steering wheel looks with beige interiors and also the maintenance that comes with a light interior.

Was unable to see an actual Q5 with those color specs...please let me know your thoughts and also if you post pictures.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by elloween
Hey guys,

I am close to finalizing deal for my Q5 (premium plus+nav+b&o)

I am going with Ibis White & cardamon beige interior.

was just wondering if anyone has Q5 with beige interior and how does the dash board & steering wheel looks with beige interiors and also the maintenance that comes with a light interior.

Was unable to see an actual Q5 with those color specs...please let me know your thoughts and also if you post pictures.
I never saw such a combo, but I'm afraid it will look some insipid
First see it in real life, then buy it if you like it...
Old 10-08-2009, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Beige leather is high maintenance, I hope you dont have kids or dogs. Try not to wear blue jeans on beige leather, it will satin it after a while. The dash will be 2 tone, but the different color doesnt stand out that much. Overall, beige makes the inerior seem brighter and bigger, but there are negatives as well.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by The G Man
Beige leather is high maintenance, I hope you dont have kids or dogs. Try not to wear blue jeans on beige leather, it will satin it after a while. The dash will be 2 tone, but the different color doesnt stand out that much. Overall, beige makes the inerior seem brighter and bigger, but there are negatives as well.

I do have a 10 month old but no dogs; never knew jeans could bad for the beige interior...thanks for the info.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Blue jeans will in fact leave coloration on the beige seats. However, all it takes is a moist rag and they clean right up. I wouldn't sway from your decision to get the beige just because of this. I have the beige (sorry, Cardamon) and all I wear are blue jeans. 30 seconds every time I wash the car and they look like new again.

phxflyboy
Old 10-09-2009, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Get the beige!

[QUOTE=elloween;23864662]I do have a 10 month old but no dogs; never knew jeans could bad for the beige interior...thanks for the info.[/QUOTE

All leather is High Maint compared to cloth and vinyl. It needs to be cleaned and conditioned regularly to maintain its appearance and prevent it from cracking. Black may hide dirt better but the dirt is still there and it should be treated like any other color. It all cleans up and it all lasts a long time if properly cared for.

Last edited by HaveBullDogWillTravel; 10-09-2009 at 03:36 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the beige interior, and let me tell you it's a pain in the ***. Jeans definitely do leave their mark. Never again!
Old 10-09-2009, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by phxflyboy
Blue jeans will in fact leave coloration on the beige seats. However, all it takes is a moist rag and they clean right up. I wouldn't sway from your decision to get the beige just because of this. I have the beige (sorry, Cardamon) and all I wear are blue jeans. 30 seconds every time I wash the car and they look like new again.

phxflyboy

Agree with you, it's not like a stain on cloth, damp rag, quick wipe and you are done.
IMHO, Leather is way less maintenance than cloth. Spill something on leather and it's a quick to clean, spill something on cloth and that's a PIA to get off.

Bob
Old 10-10-2009, 01:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

I've Silver, that's almost white
jeanswear leaves a blue shade indeed, but it all easily cleans with the preparation sold by Audi/VW (VW is cheaper and it is the same...)
Old 10-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My wife and I originally decided on Ibis White / Beige. When one finally came in at the dealership we headed over with intent to purchase. However, once we actually saw it in person, we were really disappointed. The interior color tones didn't look like the brochure to us. The dash seemed to almost have a greenish tint to it. We didn't like the wood trim color either. I think we looked at pictures for so long that we had a preconception that exceeded reality. Or, perhaps the one we looked at was a few shades off the norm.

In the end we ended up with Ibis White / Black and have no regrets. I would highly recommend sitting inside the same color combo as your intended purchase.

Last edited by typhooned; 10-27-2009 at 06:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Ibis White / Beige Interior