Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Improvements?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 11:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Improvements?

Since most automakers monitors forum sights for improvement ideas in future models, I thought we should start one. I'll start with one.

I wish the key fob would also close the trunk instead of just opening it. I find it somewhat unsymmetric that we have to push that button on the trunk to close.

Adjustable center consol cupholders. The difference size is OK but not all cups fit in. Also, the lip of the armrest often impedes access to the cups unless you slide the armrest back.

Cables for MP3 plays should be included. I have one for IPods but the other cables are about $85 each.

That's it from me. Overall, love the Q5. Plenty of power, smooth highway ride, and handles much better than comparable cars.

DQ
Old 06-03-2010, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Closing the trunk with the fob would also need additional sensors near the trunk to make sure there is nobody/nothing to obstruct the trunk from closing. Wouldnt want your Audi's trunk to go ninja on your wife(even if she loves the RX more than the Q5)
Old 06-03-2010, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Improvements?

Funny you should bring this up just after me thinking of one improvement last week when I forgot to do something. You know how there is a chime when a door is ajar, the seat belt is not fastened, or you go to get out of the car and you leave your keys in the ignition, etc. Well, there is one more chime they could add.

Last week, for the first time ever I believe in 42 years of driving, I FORGOT to not only close the gas tank door, but had failed to screw back the gas cap . Another driver advised my wife while she was on her way to work. How embarrassing. How scary. Hmmm, time to put the Old Dog down .

Therefore, the suggestion is: If the gas tank door is not closed, there should be a chime or a pictogram display that it is open.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mpraju
Closing the trunk with the fob would also need additional sensors near the trunk to make sure there is nobody/nothing to obstruct the trunk from closing. Wouldnt want your Audi's trunk to go ninja on your wife(even if she loves the RX more than the Q5)
Speaking of ninja, i noticed the Q5 does not have a pressure release for the closing of the tailgate which i find very dangerous. the RX does!

Originally Posted by Old Dog
Funny you should bring this up just after me thinking of one improvement last week when I forgot to do something. You know how there is a chime when a door is ajar, the seat belt is not fastened, or you go to get out of the car and you leave your keys in the ignition, etc. Well, there is one more chime they could add.

Last week, for the first time ever I believe in 42 years of driving, I FORGOT to not only close the gas tank door, but had failed to screw back the gas cap . Another driver advised my wife while she was on her way to work. How embarrassing. How scary. Hmmm, time to put the Old Dog down .

Therefore, the suggestion is: If the gas tank door is not closed, there should be a chime or a pictogram display that it is open.

I think the seat belt chime should have a delay in stead of coming on so soon. i do wear my seat belt all the time but sometimes when i have to reverse before i go i dont click it just yet.

Also if you leave your gas cap open, the Service Engine Light will illuminate because it will notice a problem with the vacuum system for the gas tank.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

BT should allow to switch between paired phones through the menu...
Old 06-04-2010, 05:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Bluetooth should also support streaming from paired phones.

In addition, the physical MMI cable coupling should be moved from the glovebox to the armrest holder.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

MMI does allow this. Underneath the Bluetooth Menu, there is a Paired Devices option, which lets you switch between phones. We use this all the time.

Originally Posted by m1964
BT should allow to switch between paired phones through the menu...
Old 06-04-2010, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I have one: how about giving buyers an option to get an opaque sun shade for the panoramic moonroof.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

and for the ubergeek! Electrochromatic Panoramic Sun roof. So you adjust the tint as you like it using the MMI.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mpraju
and for the ubergeek! Electrochromatic Panoramic Sun roof. So you adjust the tint as you like it using the MMI.

Ditto...this would be sweet!

Quick Reply: Improvements?