Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Improvements?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 02:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about audi actually telling the truth about your delivery time!!!
Old 06-05-2010, 04:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'd like the MMI to "remember" how I like things set. In other words, when I select RADIO, I want PRESETS on as the default, instead of having to click the PRESETS button every time. When playing music off the JUKEBOX or SD CARDS, if I put the playback into MIX mode, that's where I'd like it to stay.
It seems to me these "defaults" could easily be changed.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

1. I echo the tailgate release / close option. It's just crazy. We have a Honda Odyssey and it has this feature. I cannot see a reason not to have it -- even with safety concerns.

2. Configurable steering - the steering is too light for me at lower speeds. I thought about pulling out the 605 plug.

3. Rear backup screen even on Premium Plus model-- again the Odyssey has this without the navigation package.

4. Automatic rear seats down and up-- maybe this comes on the Prestige option?? But pulling a handle and then pushing back the seat is not luxury.

5. Smaller side mirrors-- the car sometimes looks like Dumbo
Old 06-05-2010, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by spraggih
1. I echo the tailgate release / close option. It's just crazy. We have a Honda Odyssey and it has this feature. I cannot see a reason not to have it -- even with safety concerns.
Agreed, however this option is easily added as I did with the Kufatec module if you desire, and BTW the hatch does have safety built into it and reverse direction if closed on someone or something, try it.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by yob2kanobe
Agreed, however this option is easily added as I did with the Kufatec module if you desire, and BTW the hatch does have safety built into it and reverse direction if closed on someone or something, try it.
i stuck my arm under and applied force in the opposite direction and it kept going until i pulled out and then it just closed quicker...

Electrochromatic Tint would be awesome...i want it on my windshield and every piece of glass. Lock the car, opaque black, can't see a thing. drive with it dark get pulled over, clear as day. "but officer, what tint?" epic!
Old 06-05-2010, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Coolieman1220
i stuck my arm under and applied force in the opposite direction and it kept going until i pulled out and then it just closed quicker...

Electrochromatic Tint would be awesome...i want it on my windshield and every piece of glass. Lock the car, opaque black, can't see a thing. drive with it dark get pulled over, clear as day. "but officer, what tint?" epic!
Would love that kinda tint!
BTW on the hatch, it does reverse direction as that was the first thing I checked on the showroom floor as I was concerned my kid or dog mite decide to jump in the back after the button was pushed.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

1) I want the NAV to display the name of the current road I am traveling on. It will do it if you have a destination set, otherwise it does not show it.
2) I want bluetooth music streaming
3) I want to be able to select the music channel using voice command. Right now all I can say is "radio".
4) A bit less brake dust from the front please. Though I do like the look of the blackened chrome
5) Gas door on the driver's side.
6) Keyless entry should be standard. Even Hyundi/Kia offers it
7) AMI cable should be in center console.
8) Offer a pearl effect burgundy paint color
9) Back storage cover should be rolling kind, this way when you need the extra cargo space you don't have this large plastic lid to find a place for.
10) Does anyone know what is the storage area within the tailgate door for? You twist the ****, it swings open, there is a plastic clip in there, no idea what could fit in that long narrow rectangle space.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by fastd1
5) Gas door on the driver's side.
It is for those of us that drive on the left side of the road

Originally Posted by fastd1
10) Does anyone know what is the storage area within the tailgate door for? You twist the ****, it swings open, there is a plastic clip in there, no idea what could fit in that long narrow rectangle space.
In my Q5 this space contains the air compressor for the spare and the module for the reversing camera.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by yob2kanobe
Cool. I am going to try it out. Did you install it yourself or have a mechanic do it. IIRC I surfed the net after seeing your post and saw you had a mechanic install?
Old 06-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rlowery
It is for those of us that drive on the left side of the road

In my Q5 this space contains the air compressor for the spare and the module for the reversing camera.
Not the storage area to the left, but this is actually in the tailgate door! If the door is open, whatever is in it would fall out to the ground. Also, its too small for the compressor. The space measures 2.5 x 19 inches.

Quick Reply: Improvements?