Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Improvements?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 02:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

some taillights to come on as well in Auto mode during daytime. The DRL's are awesome, but I want some lights on the rear to show up too!! safety first!!
The DRL's just look less impressive when the rear and all the front lights are on (they get a bit dimmed?) in the manual mode during daytime..
Old 06-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by fastd1
Not the storage area to the left, but this is actually in the tailgate door! If the door is open, whatever is in it would fall out to the ground. Also, its too small for the compressor. The space measures 2.5 x 19 inches.
This space has the break down road triangle in mine...

The triangle folds down and fits in nicely in the tailgate, when you open the twisty lock it comes out.

I'd suggest going back to the dealer and asking where yours went to...

Chicken.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by solucien
some taillights to come on as well in Auto mode during daytime. The DRL's are awesome, but I want some lights on the rear to show up too!! safety first!!
The DRL's just look less impressive when the rear and all the front lights are on (they get a bit dimmed?) in the manual mode during daytime..
I turned my tailights on when DRL is on via VAG-COM, a quick mod and I agree, saftey first!
Old 06-08-2010, 12:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by yob2kanobe
I turned my tailights on when DRL is on via VAG-COM, a quick mod and I agree, saftey first!
I know it can be done by VAG-COM like many tweaks, but I don't want to have to go trough that trouble (each time after a service), I want it to be standard.

AUDI, A SOFTWARE UPDATE PLEASE!!!
Old 06-08-2010, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Chicken Wing
This space has the break down road triangle in mine...

The triangle folds down and fits in nicely in the tailgate, when you open the twisty lock it comes out.

I'd suggest going back to the dealer and asking where yours went to...

Chicken.
Is this triangle standard everywhere but in north America? I noticed my neighbor as one in the trunk of his A6. But in my Q5, the little storage space is empty...
Old 06-09-2010, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The warning triangle and first aid kit are standard EU not NA. Thats why you guys get an odd tray under the seat. We get to patch up broken people! Or at least the emergency services can raid any car any time.
I saw a breakdown truck just pulling away with a dead car on the back from an on ramp in France recently.... There was a sorry looking triangle left behind on the shoulder a hundred feet back. Aww:-(
Old 06-09-2010, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The fuel cap does have a warning. You just didnt try to drive with it open. Not only does it give you a warning but you will only get limp mode so you cant slosh juice all over the Autobahn!