Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Interior color options for Q5

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 02:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior color options for Q5

Dear all,

I have narrowed it down to two options and I am about to place a factory order for a 3.0 moonlight blue Q5 Prestige:

(i) S-line package, Sport interior package, black leather seats; or
(ii) Comfort package with ventilated seats, steel grey leather, and possibly fine grain ash wood inlays.

My choice is option (i). My wife absolutely hates the chestnut brown leather interior and "just" dislikes the black leather interior that the sport interior package comes with. Hence, option (ii) which has a lighter/brighter looking interior at the expense of S-line & Sport interior packages. I like brushed steel inlays but not a deal breaker if we settle for the fine grain ash wood.

Any experience/advice/suggestions much appreciated. Is the steel grey interior harder to maintain clean? Are the carpets dark or light?

Many thanks in advance,
CGT
Old 12-26-2012, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

My service manager told me that the light colored leather is I harder to clean and has been herring rub-off from jeans. I ordered chestnut so should be ok. I hope. I like the look of the light colors, but not if they don't stay that way.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Make sure you sit in both seats. Personally, I find the sport seats to be much more comfortable than the regular seats.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the pistachio beige interior with moonlight blue exterior. I love the combination. It's very sharp and classic looking. If you wear dark jeans, the dye does rub off. It comes right off the seat with leather wipes or just a.damp rag with soap and warm water. It's hardly noticeable when it does happen but I'm **** so I clean it. I also sit on a towel if I plan on driving for an extended period of time in dark jeans. I'm keeping the car for many years, or at least I hope to, so I'm trying to keep the seats fresh and clean for as long as possible.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had a 528 lease that had the dye buildup. If your jeans get wet for some reason (like you run through a rainstorm to your car in the parking lot) it gets worse, so keep up on it.

I test drove a glacier white with black sport seats on Sunday and thought that it was quite nice. I ordered my Q5 yesterday and went with the chestnut because it just looked so rich and comfortable.

I was concerned that chestnut would not look too good with the black carpet, dash and pedestals. The dealer didn't have any in stock for me to look at. I went to look at the Jeep site because I know that they also offer a brown leather and they do the same thing with the black. I have seen pictures that make chestnut look good and, when in the car, you usually don't spend your time looking down.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

john g.,

You'll love the chestnut with the black carpet, dash, and headliner. I ordered this as well without seeing it before hand. When your car comes in, it will be amazing. I promise you. You'll be very happy...
Old 12-27-2012, 11:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks, underwhirled, I am looking forward to it.

I successfully made it through my first day of waiting patiently. Only (about) 89 more days to go.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have a 2013 moonlight blue with grey leather interior which I picked up on 10/31. So far, I have had no problems with any discoloration on the light leather, even in the rain!
Old 12-28-2012, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by john.g
Thanks, underwhirled, I am looking forward to it.

I successfully made it through my first day of waiting patiently. Only (about) 89 more days to go.
Ill 2nd the thumbs up for Chestnut. I also ordered blind. Its gorgeous in person. The interior color is the #1 compliment I get from everyone. My q5 was the 1st with Chestnut delivered to dealer. Told me they all loved it especially with Black headliner. Apparantly other Audi brown interiors came with grey headliners which looked odd. You'll love it!
Old 01-11-2013, 05:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Cynaburst
I have a 2013 moonlight blue with grey leather interior which I picked up on 10/31. So far, I have had no problems with any discoloration on the light leather, even in the rain!
Many thanks, this is very helpful.
Has anyone seen pics of the steel gray interior?

Quick Reply: Interior color options for Q5