Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

IT'S FINALLY HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 10:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Barksdale
I JUST got the call from my dealer. My Q5 has arrived!

I'll be picking it up tomorrow morning. It's about time!
Great news! Another one down.

You were getting the tow package right? How long did the build to delivery take in the end then?
Old 05-12-2011, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

I JUST got the call from my dealer. My Q5 has arrived!

I'll be picking it up tomorrow morning. It's about time!
Wonderful news!!! Send pics.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ashaudi12
Looks great! I'm glad you got the 18" wheels..I think they look just as good personally! Congrats on the new car
You know, if I hadn't looked at the brochure or followed the forums, I wouldn't even notice the difference in the wheel size, so it saved me money without hurting the car's aestetic. I understand why that is important to some people, it just isn't to me.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bridger76
Great news! Another one down.

You were getting the tow package right? How long did the build to delivery take in the end then?
I don't remember the date I actually placed the order. I was able to get one of the dealers alloted vehicles which helped. The ship arrived on time in Brunswick on 5/3. I had them install a tow bar so it arrived in SC 9 days after it arrived. The dealer did not get the update my vehicle was released to the trucking company so I was surprised when he called.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm just making a post to see if my newly filled garage shows up.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I stopped by the dealership and got a sneak peek of my car still wrapped up from shipping. I will say they do an excellent protecting the car inside and out for its journey.

I'll be there at 10 AM ready to go!
Old 05-12-2011, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

I stopped by the dealership and got a sneak peek of my car still wrapped up from shipping. I will say they do an excellent protecting the car inside and out for its journey.

I'll be there at 10 AM ready to go!
I know exactly how you feel. I went up the night before mine was ready too....just to see it. It really is a completely exciting experience. Have you ever been like this about a car before? Do you think everybody feels like this because we've had to wait so long? If so, then they may be on to something...right?!
Old 05-13-2011, 11:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ok4tx
I know exactly how you feel. I went up the night before mine was ready too....just to see it. It really is a completely exciting experience. Have you ever been like this about a car before? Do you think everybody feels like this because we've had to wait so long? If so, then they may be on to something...right?!
Congrats on all the fun, you all earned it!

I similarly waited for my 09 mini clubman when I ordered that. It was my first brand new car after years of graduate school and driving used beaters. That order took about two+ months, but they have a website dedicated to following each step of the order process down to the ship. It was very cool.

Going into this purchase I was originally hoping not to have to go through it all again, but it appears these are just too popular (justifiably it seems). I did get lucky by getting in on a dealer allotted order, but I'm finding the process a bit more painfull than before. I hate bothering the dealer for information (as often as I would like it that is ) and they definitely don't consider it their business to keep us regularly informed. I'm also balancing not driving my mini as much as possible in order to preserve its trade in mileage.

Anyway, in the end, I'm sure I'll look back on this as exciting, but right now it's a bit more frustrating......t-minus......

Oh, and the wait gives more time to regret not getting all the things that other people have ordered, i.e. Nav. I've never been directionally challenged so skipped the 3K, but now I'm thinking about all the geekery included in it.

Cheers
Old 05-13-2011, 02:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I picked it up and it is awesome. Such a solid car and so fun to drive. I have a pic in my iPhone but I don't know how to upload on the mobile site.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I picked it up and it is awesome. Such a solid car and so fun to drive. I have a pic in my iPhone but I don't know how to upload on the mobile site.
I'll say, the few I have seen around Houston just look like the nicest most solid vehicle in it's class around. I can't wait for mine.

Speaking of which, stopped at my dealer, since my salesperson hadn't responded to me in days, and found out that my contact had quit. No wonder I hadn't heard anything. However, I was able to make a new point of contact and found out that my Q has indeed been built and inspect and is at the port to be shipped!!! I have a VIN! Now just shipping and delivery left! No clear timing on that yet tho......

Quick Reply: IT'S FINALLY HERE!