Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Just got my new Q5 TDI technic...Wow I am impressed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 04:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got my new Q5 TDI technic...Wow I am impressed!!!

Monday, I received my new Q5 TDI 2014 technik with Luxury package, milano leather grey, adaptative Cruise control , Nav plus system, moonlight blue. I replaced my 2011 Q5 2.0T with B&O. I have only 145 Km on the car and I can tell you that I am seeing a good difference, the torque is impressive at very low RPM with great acceleration so far.

The most impressive component it's the adaptative cruise control, I tried it a few time and this is a big revolution from the old cruise control, this is a must in term of safety, yes it is $1700 canadian more but a good investment for me.

I didn't take the B&O sound system this time, I am seeing a difference but it is fine for me. I am listening to radio not a big music fan.

Before you ask, I trade the Q5 2.0 2011 because I wanted to have TDI only. Over 65,000 km with my 2011 Q5, I never had any problem, oïl consumption wasn't a problem with my car, my only service repair was the replacement of a wiper. I took the VIP service with the car, so I never had to go to the dealer, during the 3 years that I owned the car, they came home to take the car for maintenance or when I had to replace the wiper. My dealer is fantastic, car always clean and shinny when they bring it back Inside out

I feel sad, when I read some complaints on the Q5 maybe I was Lucky with my Q5....after 5 Volvo this is my 2nd Audi.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Nolina
Monday, I received my new Q5 TDI 2014 technik with Luxury package, milano leather grey, adaptative Cruise control , Nav plus system, moonlight blue. I replaced my 2011 Q5 2.0T with B&O. I have only 145 Km on the car and I can tell you that I am seeing a good difference, the torque is impressive at very low RPM with great acceleration so far.

The most impressive component it's the adaptative cruise control, I tried it a few time and this is a big revolution from the old cruise control, this is a must in term of safety, yes it is $1700 canadian more but a good investment for me.

I didn't take the B&O sound system this time, I am seeing a difference but it is fine for me. I am listening to radio not a big music fan.

Before you ask, I trade the Q5 2.0 2011 because I wanted to have TDI only. Over 65,000 km with my 2011 Q5, I never had any problem, oïl consumption wasn't a problem with my car, my only service repair was the replacement of a wiper. I took the VIP service with the car, so I never had to go to the dealer, during the 3 years that I owned the car, they came home to take the car for maintenance or when I had to replace the wiper. My dealer is fantastic, car always clean and shinny when they bring it back Inside out

I feel sad, when I read some complaints on the Q5 maybe I was Lucky with my Q5....after 5 Volvo this is my 2nd Audi.
Congrats on your new car! It sounds really awesome. That is quite motor.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats on your new car! It sounds really awesome. That is quite a motor.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Every car someone has complained about. No model is perfect.

Enjoy the TDI, I know that all the rest of us are enjoying ours! Lots of torque to play around in; makes it fun especially if you're driving in S or M.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:38 AM
Banned

Congrats! Sounds great!
Old 01-16-2014, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Congratulations on the new car - sounds very nice.

As to adaptive cruise control - no criticism intended - not sure why anyone would need the cars computer to intervene when your too close to the car thats right in front of you, and should be pretty obvious you're getting to close to. But to each their own. I still prefer to look over my shoulder than trust a blind spot monitor as well.

Post some pics when you get a chance, sounds like a great color combo.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default My car is my office

Originally Posted by Q5 TDI
Congratulations on the new car - sounds very nice.

As to adaptive cruise control - no criticism intended - not sure why anyone would need the cars computer to intervene when your too close to the car thats right in front of you, and should be pretty obvious you're getting to close to. But to each their own. I still prefer to look over my shoulder than trust a blind spot monitor as well.

Post some pics when you get a chance, sounds like a great color combo.
One of the reason that I like the adaptative cruise control, it is quite easy to explain, my car is my office, a lot of things takes place in it during the day. my best recommandation try it!!! and I am sure that you are going to feel that the old cruise control is a dinosaure. But I also agree with your comments, sometimes it is fun to drive a car.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:52 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, it "sounds" great, we want pictures!!
Old 01-16-2014, 04:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

One of the reason that I like the adaptative cruise control, it is quite easy to explain, my car is my office, a lot of things takes place in it during the day. my best recommandation try it!!! and I am sure that you are going to feel that the old cruise control is a dinosaure. But I also agree with your comments, sometimes it is fun to drive a car.
My car is my office. Yes!
Old 03-04-2014, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats !
At which dealer did you get it, Park Avenue, Prestige ?

I'll order a 2015 Q5 TDI soon (or SQ5 if I convince myself).

VIP service seems really nice when you always need a car and no time for maintenance.

Enjoy your ride !

Quick Reply: Just got my new Q5 TDI technic...Wow I am impressed!!!