Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Just took order on an all black q5 2.0...Lets talk rims!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just took order on an all black q5 2.0...Lets talk rims!

Hey all! I just took order on a black q5 2.0. It will be here in a month or 2 according to the dealer but in the mean time IM trying to figure out what kinda black rims I wanna buy for it...

I am not too knowledgeable about rims at all and would love to hear some advice!

Thanks a bunch in advance
Old 02-03-2013, 08:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by syncopationelation
Hey all! I just took order on a black q5 2.0. It will be here in a month or 2 according to the dealer but in the mean time IM trying to figure out what kinda black rims I wanna buy for it...

I am not too knowledgeable about rims at all and would love to hear some advice!

Thanks a bunch in advance
What stock rims are you getting and what size wheels? Im assuming you want something after market?
Old 02-03-2013, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Gqinxs
What stock rims are you getting and what size wheels? Im assuming you want something after market?
Not to sure about the stock wheels...I am lookin for some aftermarket black rims something hopefully less than 2k a piece hopefully a bit lower.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

2k for a set? or each wheel?

If it's each wheel, then I whole heartedly recommend HRE as I run them (so I'm biased hehe)

But it really depends on the styles you like and what specs you're looking for (lip, dish, concave, offsets, size, pattern/styles, weight, color/finish). You will want to make sure tire selection is a factor in the decision since some sizes won't have many choices for all-season tires or a brand may have limited selection of tires for the size, etc...

GL!
Old 02-03-2013, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Check out Hartmann. Great OEM style rims
Old 02-03-2013, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by D_Frost
2k for a set? or each wheel?

If it's each wheel, then I whole heartedly recommend HRE as I run them (so I'm biased hehe)

But it really depends on the styles you like and what specs you're looking for (lip, dish, concave, offsets, size, pattern/styles, weight, color/finish). You will want to make sure tire selection is a factor in the decision since some sizes won't have many choices for all-season tires or a brand may have limited selection of tires for the size, etc...

GL!
Good advice bro. Like I said I know jack about rims lol. Im upgrading form a honda hybrid and Ive never bought any rims before(audi will be my 2nd car).

I heard HRE are very nice but pricey. Can you order them direct from the manufacture? Didnt see any prices listed on their
website.

Is that your q5 in your avatar pic? Thats exactly how I want mine to look haha.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

have any of yall heard any thing about avant Garde rims?

Saw these on ebay and the price isnt bad...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-WHEELS-AU...648#vi-content
Old 02-03-2013, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yep... a few of the forum sponsors can also get you those wheels. Avant Garde, as far as I know, are low pressure cast wheels, which are similar in weight and strength as OEM wheels.

HRE's are more expensive due to the forging process of wheel making (allows the wheel to be much lighter without sacrificing strength). As for pricing, you will need to get quotes for them since they custom make to your spec (color, size, offset, etc) therefore there isn't a fixed price per se.

If you're interested, feel free to look through my thread here: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2819083

Good luck!
Old 02-03-2013, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by D_Frost
Yep... a few of the forum sponsors can also get you those wheels. Avant Garde, as far as I know, are low pressure cast wheels, which are similar in weight and strength as OEM wheels.

HRE's are more expensive due to the forging process of wheel making (allows the wheel to be much lighter without sacrificing strength). As for pricing, you will need to get quotes for them since they custom make to your spec (color, size, offset, etc) therefore there isn't a fixed price per se.

If you're interested, feel free to look through my thread here: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2819083

Good luck!
damn dude...Your q5 makes me wanna cry its so beautiful. I want mine to look exactly like that!

By the sound of it the HRE might be a little outta my budget. If you didnt get the HRE would there be some other lesser brands you would have tried or used?

I am really not to knowledge about cars or mods in general so I am learning! I have a few months before my audi comes in so I have a little to learn.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BirdmanQ5
Check out Hartmann. Great OEM style rims
+1

Quick Reply: Just took order on an all black q5 2.0...Lets talk rims!