Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Last day to change my color... What color looks best w/ Sline Plus and chestnut brown

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Last day to change my color... What color looks best w/ Sline Plus and chestnut brown

All,

I am pretty indecisive on the color of the car and today is my last day to make any changes before it gets locked in....

I thought I had settled on the Glacier white and Sline Plus.

This would be great in the contrast but I have not seen it in person.

This past weekend I saw a Brilliant black in Sline Plus configuration.. that is making me think about black...

Compared to a Glacier White:

2012 Q5 with Sline Plus:

What are peoples opinions..

I do want Chestnut brown for interior. I like the two tone look of the brown on the inside and the two tone look of the glacier white on the outside as well..

But the black one just looks mean.. all the black blends into the color of the paint and the only thing that is visible is the Audi Logo... But I do not know how the brown interior will go with the black car..

What does everyone thing?
Old 08-12-2013, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While Chestnut will go well with Black exterior as well, my vote goes to Glacier White!
Old 08-12-2013, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm not a fan of the brown in general (particularly on a sporty SUV), so take this recommendation with that in mind... Black is the only exterior color I would get with a chestnut brown interior.

Audi really should do more editing with what color combos are allowed. Some are downright awful together.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TonySCV
Audi really should do more editing with what color combos are allowed. Some are downright awful together.
I strongly disagree. Option is a beautiful thing and everyone should be able to order to their liking, especially for a brand like Audi. Also choosing a color is a very personal, subjective decision. What you might think awful could look like a beauty to someone else. Why limit when you can choose?
Old 08-12-2013, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even though we are going Monsoon and S-line on ours, I personally like the white/s-line better. I like the contrast as you have pointed out. Wife's car though, so she picks the color. I only get to clean it . We are staying with the black interior as she did not like the brown seats.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

We have a 2013 w cuvee silver ext and chestnut brown interior. I think the color combo looks awesome and the interior looks great w the black dash and black headliner.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

I always ordered a dark exterior prior to my latest order for a Glacier White with the chestnut brown/ black combo interior.
I think the combination looks great!
Go with the Glacier White.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the replies..

Which one would be harder to maintain white or black..

and if I go with Black.. which black.. Brilliant Black or Phantom Black(pearl effect)?

Link to the album with all the black and white photo's:
https://plus.google.com/photos/10382...COn_g5KT3K6Dbg

the one in the photo's is Brilliant black.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think black would be hardest. I can go a month or more and not know my truck is dirty until I clean it. I believe that you have to be more careful with the black from a scratch perspective as well. Either black would be pretty when clean.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by GeeT
I strongly disagree. Option is a beautiful thing and everyone should be able to order to their liking, especially for a brand like Audi. Also choosing a color is a very personal, subjective decision. What you might think awful could look like a beauty to someone else. Why limit when you can choose?
Exactly! I don't like some of the colors at all, does that mean nobody should get to order them? Or does it not matter because I'm not the one looking at it all the time? And as for combos, I don't look at the inside and outside at the same time so it doesn't really matter to me if they aren't a perfect match for each other.

Quick Reply: Last day to change my color... What color looks best w/ Sline Plus and chestnut brown