Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

little details count

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 06:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default little details count

have you noticed how no matter how long the title of a song is, it shows on the display that's between the gauges? Not even my iPod displays the whole title of a song as it has limited number of characters.

the little led lights where the passenger feet rest?

how the center console can be adjusted so you can rest your arm more comfortably?

how the car warns you that it is locked: chirp vs. loud honking horn.

how quiet it is?

the little amber LED on the side mirrors that let you know (and other driver's behind you) that you are signaling a turn.

this is an amazing piece of machinery...
Old 05-19-2009, 08:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have nav? If you are using voice activation, you can say "I'm hungry" for closest restaurants, "I need gas" for closest gas stations, etc. You get the point. I love this car too. Amazing is the perfect word to describe it.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by FitzLA
Do you have nav? If you are using voice activation, you can say "I'm hungry" for closest restaurants, "I need gas" for closest gas stations, etc. You get the point. I love this car too. Amazing is the perfect word to describe it.
oh, yeah...that too!
yes, I have the navigation too...ah the 3-D graphs in downtown Chicago. My kids thought I had a video game on wheels. HA!
Old 05-20-2009, 03:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

wow- nice to see someone still excited after their purchase. Thanks for sharing...now mine can't come soon enough!
Old 05-20-2009, 05:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rehajm
wow- nice to see someone still excited after their purchase. Thanks for sharing...now mine can't come soon enough!
I think we need to stress the positives. Sometimes forums can become a venting vehicle and may give those on the sidelines the idea that the car is nothing but trouble. You will always get a dud in the bunch, but, yes, it is an amazing vehicle.

I can always tell when I like a car a lot...this one should be a keeper. I find myself getting bored with cars quite often and committing financial suicide by buying a new one after 1.5-2.5 years of ownership. Does not make sense, but I sometimes cannot resist the temptation. After 1.5 months, I haven't found myself 'wondering'...
Old 05-20-2009, 05:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

No way! I have to try that today.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by blatt22
No way! I have to try that today.
Try "I need cash" - that should show list of banks that not declare bankruptcy yet.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

HAHA, awesome. I will have to try "I need some lovin'" and see where that takes me
Old 05-20-2009, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

HAHA, awesome. I will have to try "I need some lovin'" and see where that takes me
Hey can do me favor - Try " I need loose few pounds".
I don't have my Q yest - can't test my self.

Do you guys know that sub woofer located inside spear tire?
Do you know that our Q5 equipped with electric air pump and you can add air to your bicycle tires or Q5 tires ?

Last edited by TIME89; 05-20-2009 at 01:43 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm not sure I can repeat what a biz associate told me about the Q5 and all the things it can do and the many buttons/functions.

it went something like this: so it gives you a B* too? LOL

Quick Reply: little details count