Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Look Ma, No pano!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mstouffer
Looks VERY classy (rich)
I'm seriouly considering new Q5 2.0 w/out pano for a new company car. I figured at highway speeds talking to clients it might be a tad quieter. Has anyone driven at highway speeds in the Q5 back to back "with" pano and "without"? If so, notice any difference? Appreciate any feedback!
First let me say that jeff's Q's 5 looks great. I did not drive a non pano back to back with a pano equipped Q5 but i think that those on the fence about having it don't need to worry. I did not special order my Q5 but it came equipped with a pano sunroof. While my wife loved it, I could take it or leave it. I was more concerned about wind noise. This week I took out some clients and was able to test the noise factor. Turns out to be a non issue. I never felt that I had to raise my voice so that the rear passengers could here me. Actually, I think the cabin of my Q5 with a pano sunroof is quieter than my wifes Infinity EX35 (phenomenal vehicle, just a little small) with a standard sunroof. Hope this helps.

Nelson
Old 12-13-2010, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by njbiker
First let me say that jeff's Q's 5 looks great. I did not drive a non pano back to back with a pano equipped Q5 but i think that those on the fence about having it don't need to worry. I did not special order my Q5 but it came equipped with a pano sunroof. While my wife loved it, I could take it or leave it. I was more concerned about wind noise. This week I took out some clients and was able to test the noise factor. Turns out to be a non issue. I never felt that I had to raise my voice so that the rear passengers could here me. Actually, I think the cabin of my Q5 with a pano sunroof is quieter than my wifes Infinity EX35 (phenomenal vehicle, just a little small) with a standard sunroof. Hope this helps.

Nelson
Thanks for the reply, I appreciate the info.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Nelson
Noise, heat, sunlight, all non-issue with the pano roof. If you guys ever sit in the back seat of the Q5, you will really appreciate how the pano roof open up the whole interior of the Q5.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

First let me say that jeff's Q's 5 looks great.

Nelson
Thanks for the compliment Nelson and your positive contribution to the thread.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeff968
Thanks for the compliment Nelson and your positive contribution to the thread.
+1

He always has an objective opinion and helpful advice as most in this forum.

Thank you all!
Old 12-13-2010, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Acapulco
+1

He always has an objective opinion and helpful advice as most in this forum.

Thank you all!
Thanks Analila and Jeff!

Nelson
Old 12-16-2010, 06:01 PM
lms
Audiworld Junior Member

Does the non-pano give the back seat passengers any more headroom? Drove a Q5 with pano today and liked it, but when I sat in the back seat, my head hit the headliner. This is the test to see if it will work for my sons, and it failed. :-(

LMS
Old 12-16-2010, 06:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Noise, heat, sunlight, all non-issue with the pano roof. If you guys ever sit in the back seat of the Q5, you will really appreciate how the pano roof open up the whole interior of the Q5.

The heat is individual thing and I never used to have heat issues in LA but once I started to hang around the Vegas and work took me to Kansas, I can say heat becomes issue and if I tint the roof with darkest tint and we can't see through then what is the point of whole thing?

Each of their own, one likes and another doesn't.

I have had panorama on 2 cars now, next one will be solid roof. (already spoke with my dealer to see how long it would take to get Q5 with solid roof but I might wait till I know what is difference between 2011 and 2012)

Solid roof cars (non panorama) haves little bit more headroom as the pano opening/slider mechanism and perforated cover system is not there.

Last edited by kleinbus; 12-16-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by lms
Does the non-pano give the back seat passengers any more headroom? Drove a Q5 with pano today and liked it, but when I sat in the back seat, my head hit the headliner. This is the test to see if it will work for my sons, and it failed. :-(

LMS
LMS, if you are anywhere near CT you are welcome to come over and check out the Q5 in person. I'll let you take it for a drive and bring one of your tall sons for a headroom test.
Jeff
Old 12-17-2010, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jeff968
LMS, if you are anywhere near CT you are welcome to come over and check out the Q5 in person. I'll let you take it for a drive and bring one of your tall sons for a headroom test.
Jeff
WOW! That's a pretty nice gesture. There should be more people like Jeff in the world.

Nelson

Quick Reply: Look Ma, No pano!!!