Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

matte black interior trim

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 08:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default matte black interior trim

So the wife asked me tonight if I have run across any matte black interior trim kits for the Q5. She wants to change all the wood trim and chrome 'rings' to a matte black. I have not see anything besides ordering a vinyl wrap.
Has anyone out there seen, come across, or done matte black trim for the interior?
Old 04-15-2013, 09:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by hookooehoo
So the wife asked me tonight if I have run across any matte black interior trim kits for the Q5. She wants to change all the wood trim and chrome 'rings' to a matte black. I have not see anything besides ordering a vinyl wrap.
Has anyone out there seen, come across, or done matte black trim for the interior?
I will be wrapping mine (which I picked up today) with either matte black or carbon fiber from decalfx.com

Its pretty easy to do and looks awesome
Old 04-15-2013, 10:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by J FLiCKY
I will be wrapping mine (which I picked up today) with either matte black or carbon fiber from decalfx.com

Its pretty easy to do and looks awesome
Are you wrapping yourself or having someone do it for you?

PLease take some before and after pics....Im up for doing it myself if it looks good.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have carbon fiber wrap on all the 'wood' pieces at this point and matte black would be interesting to see, though personally I think it would make the trims blend in with the rest of the black interior (brushed aluminum/titanium, piano black would be cool too). That said, having the silver trims in matte black will reduce reflections (especially the driver's side air vent with the driver's window) which would be good.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by D_Frost
I have carbon fiber wrap on all the 'wood' pieces at this point and matte black would be interesting to see, though personally I think it would make the trims blend in with the rest of the black interior (brushed aluminum/titanium, piano black would be cool too). That said, having the silver trims in matte black will reduce reflections (especially the driver's side air vent with the driver's window) which would be good.
So we have found 1 minor downside to the Sunroof being tinted at 5%. The reflection of all silver trim has nowhere to go, so it just reflects off the sunroof now. Kind of blinding when the light is just right. The main issue is the silver trim around the shifter. But since Day 1 the wife has wanted all the silver trim and wood trim to be either matt black or CF.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

The shifter piece is quite easy to remove... follow this to remove the shift ****/boot: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...uto-Shift-****

And then the silver section (with the indicators for the gears) should also pop off the main console (there should be a connector for lighting it up). Pretty easy to lay some vinyl on there...

Good luck!