Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Maybe picking up a Q5 TODAY

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Maybe picking up a Q5 TODAY

I'm heading out and just may pick up a 2014 Q5 .
Looking at 2 models, both Premium + and with Nav.
1. Moonlight blue, black interior with Chestnut seats, Sport Package, 19" wheels and all weather mats and cargo liner 44,200.
2. Lava grey, grey interior Bose sound system 44,000.
I'm leaning towards the Moonlight blue. Anyone care to comment on the Sport seats vs standard seats?

B
Old 07-26-2013, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by bob m
. Anyone care to comment on the Sport seats vs standard seats?

B
Had both, regular in my 2012 and sport now. Love sport seats. They are great.

A side note. I had a Moonlight blue and now have monsoon gray. I would take lava gray if I were you. Moonlight blue is a great color but you see everything on it: dirt, scratches, everything. Close to the black.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tomaszp72
A side note. I had a Moonlight blue and now have monsoon gray. I would take lava gray if I were you. Moonlight blue is a great color but you see everything on it: dirt, scratches, everything. Close to the black.
Lava is really close to black, too, though, so I'm not sure that it would be much different, really. Comes down to whether you'd want a really really dark blue or really really dark grey (or in this case, which features you prefer).
Old 07-26-2013, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bob m
[...]. Anyone care to comment on the Sport seats vs standard seats?
If you're getting the Prem+, I don't believe you'll be getting the "standard" seats, rather all-way control & lumbar support, plus memory. With Prem- standard seats, I don't believe you'd be getting lumbar or memory ... but I stand to be corrected.

Others will correct me, but with the "Sport" seats you'll be getting all the above (except only in black or chestnut), and the additional capability to extend the bottom for extra support for long legs.

There is also an option for seat "ventilation" but that option never shows for Canadians, so I'm not sure how it's ordered.

HTH
Old 07-26-2013, 08:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats! I would recommend the Sport seats. They're bigger, have better side support, and have the ability to extend the under thigh support.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by rarewolf
If you're getting the Prem+, I don't believe you'll be getting the "standard" seats, rather all-way control & lumbar support, plus memory. With Prem- standard seats, I don't believe you'd be getting lumbar or memory ... but I stand to be corrected.
The seats themselves are the same, the "standard" or "regular" style. There may be some differences in buttons, but the shape of the seats are the same.

Others will correct me, but with the "Sport" seats you'll be getting all the above (except only in black or chestnut), and the additional capability to extend the bottom for extra support for long legs.
Sport seats have the extendable thigh support as well as taller bolstering (and the thigh support is a tiny bit longer even when fully retracted). They're also a little firmer than the standard seats in case that's a pro or a con for anyone.

There is also an option for seat "ventilation" but that option never shows for Canadians, so I'm not sure how it's ordered.
In the US it's part of the Comfort Package (which can be ordered with the Sport Interior Package that gives you the sport seats, but the comfort seats take precedence). The seat style is the same as the standard seats, but have fans inside and the leather is ventilated (obviously for the airflow).

So for seats, there's just the two types as far as the shape (and so "feel") goes: sport and non-sport.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Yes, both the Moonlight Blue and Lava are deep dark colors, but being metallic, they hide the swirl marks way better than plain paint. But I think both are very, very rich looking. I'm not a fan of black interiors as they are very hot in the summer and show more dust than lighter colors, but the chestnut colored seats are very rick looking.
I'm leaning more towards the Blue, because of the extras thrown in and I think I may just like the sport seats with their bolsters a bit batter.

B
Old 07-26-2013, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

For me, Moonlight + Chestnut Brown Sport Seats with black headliner would do it! I am big fan of black headliner... sporty and cozy, but some might not like it as it could feel a bit claustrophobic. Lighter headliner does create more warm, airy ambiance.

Also, Sport Int Pkg includes a Three Spoke steering wheel with paddles. I use paddles most of the time in the A4 Avant. It's also a must for me if I get Automatic.

I take it that Moonlight is 2013 and Lava is 2014, according to options listed and price? Like you mentioned, I'd probably go with the one with more options considering price difference is minimal. Either way, I am sure you can't go wrong with any of them! Good luck!
Old 07-26-2013, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by GeeT
For me, Moonlight + Chestnut Brown Sport Seats with black headliner would do it! I am big fan of black headliner... sporty and cozy, but some might not like it as it could feel a bit claustrophobic. Lighter headliner does create more warm, airy ambiance.
I get claustrophobic in actual tight conditions, but love the feel of the black headliner... "cozy" is just the right word for it. Absolutely had to get Chestnut to get the black headliner without having to go S-Line and without absolutely everything in the interior being black (the brown seats break it up just enough). Awesome stuff.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I had the Cinnamon interior in my old '11 Deep Sea Blue 3.2L so I had the black headliner but not Sport Interior. I have the Black interior in my new Phantom 3.0T with Sport Interior. I really liked having the black headliner but didn't want the S-Line (the aluminum trim or summer tires). Best decision was the Sport Interior though. The differences in the seats, steering wheel with paddles helped my new Q5 feel very different from my old one. You can't go wrong with either....my Q5 has surpassed my expectations.

Quick Reply: Maybe picking up a Q5 TODAY