Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

memory for driver seat and mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default memory for driver seat and mirrors

I have an 09 Q5 Premium Plus - S Line. One of the features listed is the driver's seat and exterior mirrors adjust to their stored position based on the key being used. However, mine doesn't seem to work. I do have the driver seat adjustment set to "on" in the display. Does anyone know what I could be doing wrong? My seats/mirrors seem to only go back into position if I press the 1 or 2 button on the door, not via the remote. Thanks.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:10 AM
sow
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rventu
I have an 09 Q5 Premium Plus - S Line. One of the features listed is the driver's seat and exterior mirrors adjust to their stored position based on the key being used. However, mine doesn't seem to work. I do have the driver seat adjustment set to "on" in the display. Does anyone know what I could be doing wrong? My seats/mirrors seem to only go back into position if I press the 1 or 2 button on the door, not via the remote. Thanks.
Once you have the memory setting "on" in MMI, the current seat position (plus a bunch of other settings)is automatically stored onto the key that's plugged in at the moment. The position is restored when you unlock the car with the same key. Next time try to unlock the car with the second key and change your seat position, then lock, then unlock with the first key, you'll see the seat is going back to the original position upon opening the door. I'm also pretty sure the settings stored on the keys are separated from the one stored with the buttons on driver's door.

Let me know if that works for you.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The setting is also stored so many seconds after the car is unlocked. You can find the timing in the manual. Thus, if you need to make changes, do them as soon as you get into the car. Changes made after this will be ignored.

An easy way to do this is to use the manual memory buttons to get the seat, mirrors, etc the way you want them. Then, the next time you unlock the car, press the manual seat memory button immediately prior to starting the vehicle. This will insure that the desired settings are associated with the key.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you!!! I can get it to work now. Guess it was user error. Good to know nothing was actually wrong with the car.