Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

MMI & Blackberry - HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 03:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMI & Blackberry - HELP

I have a 2010 Q5. I have been using a new Blackberry Tour (Verizon) and, for the past 4 weeks, it paired beautifully and worked great with the MMI. Suddenly, now when the Bluetooth is connected with the MMI it will cancel whatever audio is playing (as if a call were being placed) and the MMI thinks that the phone is in use. This is without dialing out or any other action except for the automatic connection to the MMI via Bluetooth. I have tried rebooting the BB. I have brought the car into Audi and they say that there is no known issue with the BB and MMI and that my MMI software is up to date. They simply said "its your phone, not our car". With this issue, I cannot use the phone and the audio.

Has anyone had any issue with Blackberry and MMI? I am at a total loss here.

Many thanks
Old 01-21-2010, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kulanu
I have a 2010 Q5. I have been using a new Blackberry Tour (Verizon) and, for the past 4 weeks, it paired beautifully and worked great with the MMI. Suddenly, now when the Bluetooth is connected with the MMI it will cancel whatever audio is playing (as if a call were being placed) and the MMI thinks that the phone is in use. This is without dialing out or any other action except for the automatic connection to the MMI via Bluetooth. I have tried rebooting the BB. I have brought the car into Audi and they say that there is no known issue with the BB and MMI and that my MMI software is up to date. They simply said "its your phone, not our car". With this issue, I cannot use the phone and the audio.

Has anyone had any issue with Blackberry and MMI? I am at a total loss here.

Many thanks
Have you try to delete your Phone profile in MMI and re-create new one?
Have you able to connect your phone to other BT devices (bluetooth headset)?
Old 01-21-2010, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

try removing the battery for 60 seconds.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TIME89
Have you try to delete your Phone profile in MMI and re-create new one?
Have you able to connect your phone to other BT devices (bluetooth headset)?
Many thanks. I did delete all profiles from MMI and re paired the BB. No resolution. I use a headset away from the car, no issues there. I paired an older motorola phone to MMI with the exact same issue. Audi tech paired his BB - different model and service provider, did not replicate the problem.

I am grateful for your suggestions.

Kindly,

D
Old 01-21-2010, 05:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tgdA4
try removing the battery for 60 seconds.
Thank you for this suggestion. I did battery reset several times. No luck. I also re installed BB software update from BB Manager, re booted, again, no change.

This is frustrating!

Kindly,

David
Old 01-21-2010, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

oh well. I found that suggestion on a blackberry board where another guy was having the same issue with a toyota. So it definitely looks like a blackberry issue and not an audi issue.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

oh well. I found that suggestion on a blackberry board where another guy was having the same issue with a toyota. So it definitely looks like a blackberry issue and not an audi issue.
But David state, that for few weeks everything work fine. The are no way Audi can upgrade their software over internet, but his phone provider can do some maintenance on the network , that make this happen.
David,
try seat calm and remember - is there any chance you play with your BB a make some setting change or update new firmware or anything that can contribute to this issue.
Try to copy and paste here all your settings. Maybe we have some phone technision on this board who can help you. Also google to other cars (not auidi) forums - maybe you got lucky find your answer there.
Good luck.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by TIME89
But David state, that for few weeks everything work fine. The are no way Audi can upgrade their software over internet, but his phone provider can do some maintenance on the network , that make this happen.
David,
try seat calm and remember - is there any chance you play with your BB a make some setting change or update new firmware or anything that can contribute to this issue.
Try to copy and paste here all your settings. Maybe we have some phone technision on this board who can help you. Also google to other cars (not auidi) forums - maybe you got lucky find your answer there.
Good luck.
The person that had the same issue also reported a few weeks of it working fine. It really was very similar.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

The person that had the same issue also reported a few weeks of it working fine. It really was very similar.
I start thinking that that problem is provider, not phone.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Here is another discussion I found with the same problem (no solution):

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii-...e-dialing.html

I use a blackberry storm, but luckily have not had any problems yet. It really does seem like this issue happens regardless of the car or network. So it's gotta be the BB software.

Quick Reply: MMI & Blackberry - HELP