Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

MMI Phonebook question - phone type

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMI Phonebook question - phone type

I seem to recall reading this on a post here, but can't seem to find it with search now. Anyways, do you guys see the phone type (work, cell, home, etc) for phonebook entries of names with multiple phones?

If I scroll through my directory entries, or search via voice for, say my brother - I see multiple lines with all his phone numbers, but all with the same phone icon before his name. The only way I can tell is if I go into the specific phone entry, where I then see different icons for cell vs home.

Don't know if it matters, but my wife and I both have Android phones.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine shows the phone icon for the specific number, ie. if it's home it shows a house, office shows a building and mobile shows a cell phone. Mine displays correctly.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by FitzLA
Mine shows the phone icon for the specific number, ie. if it's home it shows a house, office shows a building and mobile shows a cell phone. Mine displays correctly.
Thanks FitzLA. What kind of phone do you have? I wonder if an Android phone tags numbers differently and in a way the MMI doesn't fully recognize. Strange that I see the icons correctly in the name's detail screen.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gat821
I seem to recall reading this on a post here, but can't seem to find it with search now. Anyways, do you guys see the phone type (work, cell, home, etc) for phonebook entries of names with multiple phones?

If I scroll through my directory entries, or search via voice for, say my brother - I see multiple lines with all his phone numbers, but all with the same phone icon before his name. The only way I can tell is if I go into the specific phone entry, where I then see different icons for cell vs home.

Don't know if it matters, but my wife and I both have Android phones.
Sure it matters! How is your experience so far mating the Droids to the MMI/Bluetooth?
Old 10-18-2010, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by soonerfan
Sure it matters! How is your experience so far mating the Droids to the MMI/Bluetooth?
We both have the T-Mobile MyTouch. I might be able to find someone at work with a Droid I could test with. I did root my phone to Froyo/2.2 recently, but same thing. I might be wrong, but I'm guessing any differences in how an Android phone tags numbers might be between OS versions, and not necessarily brand, as different Android implementations just put their own custom skins over the OS.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gat821
Thanks FitzLA. What kind of phone do you have? I wonder if an Android phone tags numbers differently and in a way the MMI doesn't fully recognize. Strange that I see the icons correctly in the name's detail screen.
I have the iPhone 4
Old 10-19-2010, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by soonerfan
Audi website shows under Verizon, the Droid 2, Droid X and Droid Incredible have been tested with the Bluetooth/MMI system. Just an FYI................
Old 10-19-2010, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I didn't realize the Audi site had that info. My phone does show 'All numbers per contact' as not available. The Droids and iPhone do show this as supported. For my phone it also says callstacks may be inaccurate. Oh well, guess I'm stuck. Thanks for your input guys.
Old 12-30-2021, 04:18 AM
IMAUDI…

Default 2008 Audi TT 2.0 Coupe ☎️ Set up??

Howdy, All Audi's. 🚗 ]I purchased my 2008 TT recently and have found myself suddenly in love... wanting to update, redo or just replace anything that isn't up to par. As my beautiful beast deserves.... ( okay maybe obsessed best describes the situation)... however, This phone issue has me stuck. I'm very surprised that Bluetoothing is not an option . And I can't find any information on phone replacements. Or what type of cell phone works. I'd even be happy to change it out all together. Lord knows I could use a little more space for anything as the glove box quickly became full . After registration and insurance card over flowed it.. ( TEE HEE HEE). ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

💜2008 Audi TT 2.0 Coupe