Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Monsoon with Cinnamon questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 04:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monsoon with Cinnamon questions

What is the Monsoon Gray like? Is it very one dimensional dark gray or does it have a mix of colors (i.e blue gray, etc). Would it look good with Cinnamon interior or does that clash?

Does anyone have gray interior? I like light interiors but don't like the dashboard color with the beige. I am on the fence about Cinnamon, but the gray is interesting. It comes with a gray dashboard? Is it "boring" all being gray inside?

Thanks for your opinions!
Old 08-22-2011, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There have been many cars at my local dealership lately in monsoon grey, an s line prestige Q5 being one of them. Monsoon grey has a hint of gold and green in the undertones that, in my opinion, make it a warmer grey. The cinnamon seats would likely go well with this color.

My old Q5 had the light grey interior, and while it was beautiful, I'd never ever have a light interior again. I was constantly battling dye transfer from virtually everything I wore in the car. My brown shorts made the seats brown, my jeans made them blue, my blue shorts made them even bluer, it never ended. I could clean the seats twice a week, and they'd still look dirty half the time. The dashboard is a dark grey, as are the door panels, and carpeting, with the seats, console cover, and door rests being the lighter grey in this interior choice.

All of the color choices for the Q are nice, and one couldn't really go wrong with any of them, but if choosing a lighter interior, be prepared to do a lot of regular cleaning.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a monsoon gray on order. I won't be picking it up until mid-November though. Althought I found out it should be at the dealership in mid-October.

I almost went with the cinnamon, but ultimately went with black. I think it looks good, but part of my reason for dark interior was durability and some of the talk about color transfer issues made me a bit nervous.