Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

My 2014 Q5 P+ Arrived Today!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 08:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

[QUOTE:

Dennis, I believe the cargo system in the video if for europe only. There is a russian review that had the same cargo setup. Too bad it's not state side because it would make my future costco runs a breeze.[/QUOTE]

That's what I figured.... Yes, would be good for Costco shopping....
Old 07-01-2013, 10:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPDATES WITH PICTURES!!!

Hi Everyone -

Some updates with many pictures..

1. Still really happy, no buyer's remorse here.

2. The regular (concert?) sound system is good enough for me, but I don't have much to compare it to. Didn't purchase the upgraded system.

3. The HomeLink garage door opener programming is a huge PITA, and the instruction manual is outright incorrect in a few places. It took me 45 minutes of essentially random button pushing to get it working, and I'm sure I couldn't repeat it. I called Audi 24x7 customer service... they offered to read the manual to me. <sigh> So I said yes, and she put me on hold, and then came back to say that they don't yet HAVE the 2014 manuals.

4. What is the long, skinny "trap door" in the hatch? Maybe it holds the European "traffic warning triangle"?

5. The 2013 WeatherTech mats fit the 2014 quite well.

6. The rear license plate lamp is now LED based, is this true on the 2013?

7. The Premium+ has nice footwell lighting and puddle lamps, but there is no choice to leave that footwell lighting on while driving (like my Wife's 2006 A6). I think there is an Vag-Com code for this.

8. The steering wheel left hand "scroll" wheel still doesn't change radio PRESETS, as far as I can tell.... it just scrolls down available stations. Ugh.

9. I owe a partial apology to Bob Petruska! Those mirrors are BIG, you were correct.... I **almost** curb-rashed my new wheels on a strange concrete walkway in a little parking lot. Yikes! I wouldn't say that I "hate" them, but now I'm *very* careful.

10. I can't get a new iPod to work with the updated "lightning" connector, using the apple supplied 30pin-to-Lightning adapter. I have the "blue" cable, not the red one... I need to do more research and perhaps have the dealer swap my cable.

11. It is pretty fast! At a highway on-ramp I made 70mph and didn't seem to break 2K rpm.

12. Per Bob's question, I did get the Continental CrossContact tires, they seem fine.

13. I did notice a slightly jerky shift or two, but again, I'm coming off a 13 year old Subaru, so it seems silky compared to that! It was mostly in situations where the tranny was deciding what to do, as I was in a hilly area, lots of start/stop, on/off the gas, etc.

14. I got 24.7 mpg (per the computer) on today's drive, staying (mostly) out of the turbo.

:-)
Attached Images      
Old 07-01-2013, 10:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

More Pics, see the LED rear plate lamps.
Attached Images      

Last edited by Cobalt Rain; 07-01-2013 at 10:17 AM.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

More Pics
Attached Images      

Last edited by Cobalt Rain; 07-01-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

More Pics - See the WeatherTech mats, and the Natural Grain Ash.

Also - I forgot to mention that the Thigh Extension on the sport seat is REALLY comfortable. See it in this set of pictures.
Attached Images      

Last edited by Cobalt Rain; 07-01-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

More Pics - See what your dash looks like WITHOUT the Nav.

Two shots of the cupholders and center console. Note that there are cupholders ALSO in each door! I like this, because it contains spills better.

And a final picture of the seat controls.

I hope you enjoyed!
Attached Images      
Old 07-01-2013, 11:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Awesome pics, man--super sharp. Definitely some hardcore car **** going on here.

How do you like the comfort of the sport seats and is the front seat area fully extended in your pic?

Do you find yourself using the paddle shifters a lot?

Also, do you know if BT audio streaming works out-of-the-box or is that only a feature with the NAV option.

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-01-2013, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice pics! I especially like the shots of the natural grain ash. It shows up really well.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Nice Q5! I am two days into mine.

On your left scroll wheel, you can use it to select channels, as you scroll down the list, once you hit a station you want to choose, push on the wheel and it will click and change the channel.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Cobalt Rain
<sigh>
8. The steering wheel left hand "scroll" wheel still doesn't change radio PRESETS, as far as I can tell.... it just scrolls down available stations. Ugh.
Thanks for the updates. I'm pretty sure my wife's VW Tiguan only does *presets* with her up/down. I actually like the Audi approach better. For presets, it's easy enough to reach and press the specific button right on the dash. but when I'm scrolling through all stations for anything good to listen to, especially while on a roadtrip out of my area, I like to have that on the wheel because it's an ongoing process as opposed to a quick specific action.
</sigh>

Quick Reply: My 2014 Q5 P+ Arrived Today!