Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

My Android Headunit installed in my 2014 Q5

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2019, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by GlacierSQ5
Waited almost 3 weeks for Daniel to respond my email without an apology, he just sent me a link and told me to buy a new harness. I think it's quite ridiculous for them to send out an inferior harness in the first place and not honor their "warranty"! https://rsnav.com/pages/warranty

Warranty

We offer a 1-month replacement. Buyers may request for a replacement within 15 days from your receipt of the product. The buyer should return the product in the original conditions to us and should bear the shipping cost of return.
We offer 12 months Factory limited warranty on hardware. We will repair or replace the product if needed. We reserve rights to refuse such service in the cases of (1) Damage caused by Undue wear & tear, dirt, misused, improper installation or operation, neglect, accident. (2) Any damages caused by improper packaging when buyers return the items to us. (3)If the item was disassembled or repaired by unauthorized person. Software including your data is not under warranty.
The buyer is responsible for the cost of any shipping fee for warranty service. If the returned item is not applicable under warranty, the buyer will be responsible for the repair and replacement cost.

Is that how they treat their customers? We paid for their headunits and not beta testers....... They are quick at taking my money at check out. That's about it.
Yes, poor communication skills from RSNAV. Are they over there heads? Yes. FWIW, RSNAV improved the harness recently with a built-in USB filter and a switch to do upgrades. I don't know if you have the improved one or not. If you want this to work out for you, I suggest you take Daniel's lead. If you don't think he is understanding your problem, request a video chat with him.
Old 11-12-2019, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell
Yes, poor communication skills from RSNAV. Are they over there heads? Yes. FWIW, RSNAV improved the harness recently with a built-in USB filter and a switch to do upgrades. I don't know if you have the improved one or not. If you want this to work out for you, I suggest you take Daniel's lead. If you don't think he is understanding your problem, request a video chat with him.

I mean at this point I don't have much choice but to suck it up and buy the new harness. I have made multiple visits to my local radio shop. Forget about the extra time and money I had to spend.

Let's see what's the next "problem" going to be if it doesn't work in the future. Buy another part right? The ironic part RSNAV said that the harness is an "accessory" and not a hardware. Ok. So basically nothing is hardware according to them. I guess there's not much of a warranty.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by emjohn4
Just bought and attempted to install the 8.8 in my '12 Q5. The screen worked for about 30 seconds then went black. It has yet to come back on. Tracing harness pins now...
There is a bad batch of recent units that I read about in the RSNAV forum. Check this out. https://forum.rsnav.com/posts/t138-M...topped-working
The following users liked this post:
emjohn43 (11-26-2019)
Old 11-22-2019, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

There is a bad batch of recent units that I read about in the RSNAV forum. Check this out. https://forum.rsnav.com/posts/t138-M...topped-working
Careful....you might get banned for posting that; emjohn4 did.

His original post was deleted, and his account locked.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by emjohn43
Careful....you might get banned for posting that; emjohn4 did.

His original post was deleted, and his account locked.
What is the infraction? This is news I am reporting referring to product support information posted directly from the seller.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

What is the infraction? This is news I am reporting referring to product support information posted directly from the seller.
That's a great question. emjohn4 does not understand the ban. An email to the forum admins has gone ignored.

And since his one and only post was deleted - one could only imagine it is related to the post describing his troubles with the head unit in this thread.
Old 11-27-2019, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hi you seem very smart about this stuff I drive an Audi Q5 2009 would this work https://www.bestbuy.com/site/alpine-...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
Old 11-27-2019, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Top Gun paintball
Hi you seem very smart about this stuff I drive an Audi Q5 2009 would this work https://www.bestbuy.com/site/alpine-...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
I doubt it. The replacement needs to have a way to passthrough the MMI display signal, and interface with MMI controls. Alpine does have an Audi replacement unit, see this link https://www.alpine.de/p/Products/hea...-audi/x702d-q5
Old 11-29-2019, 04:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I doubt it. The replacement needs to have a way to passthrough the MMI display signal, and interface with MMI controls. Alpine does have an Audi replacement unit, see this link https://www.alpine.de/p/Products/hea...-audi/x702d-q5
I have the symphony/concert I believe it has no mmi
Old 11-29-2019, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 132 Likes on 123 Posts

@Top Gun paintball Yes. Your alpine link is compatible with your Q5.