Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

My first NEW car = 2011 Q5 2.0T

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first NEW car = 2011 Q5 2.0T

Hey there everyone, just wanna say that I am glad I made my decision to purchase an Audi for my FIRST new car! More specifically, the Q5 2.0T.

After driving 4 used cars I've decided to get a new car. I was looking for options in the cross-over market and, few choices came to mind. It wasn't an easy decision for me to made but I can say that I have any regrets for going with the Q5 at all.

After test driving a bunch of selections and compare them down to the bone, I end up with 2 serious decision. You might as well guessed it, it was between the Q5 and the X3.

When I end up asking my friends who seems know a lot more about cars, they all told me to get the X3. Their reasons? It just drives like it should be. However for the configuration I wanted, it actually was close to 6 grand more than the Q5 I wanted! Also a big factor for me to scratch the X3 list is the way it drives: Way, Too, STIFF.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against other manufacturers but, the X3 makes me feel like riding on concrete a set of stone wheels.

What really sold me about the Q5 is the test drive. I went to my local Audi dealer (Rusnak in Pasadena) and surprisingly, there are simply no Q5 around AT ALL. The salesman told me it was selling before they even got off the ship! However he did offered me to test drive their service vehicle which is a 2011 Q5.

I instantly felt in love with it. I can't describe the feeling but if I have to summarize it, I'd say it's the interior, fuel efficient engine, spacious interior, more compact-sized and all those ***** and buttons, yes I said it, ***** and buttons that have me sold.

To me the most critical factor is the fuel efficiency. I only have 1,500 miles on the Q5 but I get roughly 21 MPG in city and I can do 30 in the freeway. I use both the on-board computer and my own records to track them, the numbers are very close (within 1 mpg variation).

So I pulled the string, ordered the Quartz Gray 2.0T Premium Plus with Nav. I think I got lucky to be honest because all I waited was 2 weeks. The dealer found the exact configuration I want being shipped the day after I placed the order and he was able to have it secured for me to pick up.

So far I'm loving it. Very comfortable ride, just a little less than my previous car's fuel efficiency but in exchange I get an total upgrade (from a 02 Rav 4) and a lot of turning heads on the road. Especially the signature LED running lights. It truly stands out in the crowd.

Thanks Audi, for living up to my expectations and, be my first new car.

Old 05-24-2011, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Congrats - sounds like you are well on your way to enjoying yours as much as I do mine!
Old 05-24-2011, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats. A nice choice indeed!
Old 05-24-2011, 02:20 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice! Welcome to the club! Let us know if you need any goodies!
Old 05-24-2011, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 396 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by stevedusa
and the X3.

Also a big factor for me to scratch the X3 list is the way it drives: Way Too STIFF.
Steve, congrats and welcome aboard! That's been a common complaint about the X3 since its intro. You'd think they would have sorted it this many years later.

We had a loaner Q5 for a few days. The suspension is clearly well sorted on the vehicle. I guess I'd describe it as very composed. Enjoy
Old 05-24-2011, 03:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats Steve! Good choice on picking the Q5, I am sure you will love driving it everyday =)
Old 05-24-2011, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JennyC
Congrats Steve! Good choice on picking the Q5, I am sure you will love driving it everyday =)
+1! Congrats!
Old 05-24-2011, 04:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats Steve!! Enjoy your new ride!!
Old 05-24-2011, 04:47 PM
DrV
AudiWorld Senior Member

Congrats Steve! Great color choice by the way
Warning: you may get addicted to Audi
Old 05-24-2011, 04:50 PM