Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

My new 2014 Moonlight Blue Q5 2.0T

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great color and options combo....congrats!
Old 07-01-2013, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Oddly enough, I find that staring at pictures of other people's vehicles is kinda of like car ****. More pictures! ;-)
Old 07-02-2013, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

LOL 914Audi!

Regarding power, I honestly have not really gotten on the car yet. Only 200 miles on it. On the 2013 I test drove with a few WOT runs, the power was pretty good at 211. Moving up to 220 is not going to be very obvious. I do think the 2014 motor is smoother and it starts on half a crank.

Regarding financing, Audi Financial has some lease specials (this was as of last week anyway) but nothing for purchase financing that is advertised. For a 2014 I doubt Audi is going to offer anything right now.

I work in auto finance, so I can provide some insight in working with the dealer. Prime credit with 10+% down in cash or trade should get you a loan in the 2.0-2.5% range today if you are looking for up to 60 months. Ask the dealer to show you the approval and confirm they are not marking up your rate (this is perfectly acceptable). If they refuse, walk away. A little transparency goes a long way and I do believe the dealer is entitled to make a profit on the sale of the car. But do not let them buy a boat on your dime.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm still a little confused on my Financing, my paperwork all says Audi Financial but then I got my payment book from a local Credit Union. It is still at the agreed upon rate of 1.9% so I don't really care, it just seemed odd.
Originally Posted by Scott Evil
LOL 914Audi!

Regarding power, I honestly have not really gotten on the car yet. Only 200 miles on it. On the 2013 I test drove with a few WOT runs, the power was pretty good at 211. Moving up to 220 is not going to be very obvious. I do think the 2014 motor is smoother and it starts on half a crank.

Regarding financing, Audi Financial has some lease specials (this was as of last week anyway) but nothing for purchase financing that is advertised. For a 2014 I doubt Audi is going to offer anything right now.

I work in auto finance, so I can provide some insight in working with the dealer. Prime credit with 10+% down in cash or trade should get you a loan in the 2.0-2.5% range today if you are looking for up to 60 months. Ask the dealer to show you the approval and confirm they are not marking up your rate (this is perfectly acceptable). If they refuse, walk away. A little transparency goes a long way and I do believe the dealer is entitled to make a profit on the sale of the car. But do not let them buy a boat on your dime.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL 914Audi!

Yeah, the additional 9 hp. probably won't be noticeable, but it's nice to read that VW/Audi is keeping the engine updated. There is a lot of competition in the 2.0t segment from several competing brands.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for the financing notes.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ParadigmDawg
I'm still a little confused on my Financing, my paperwork all says Audi Financial but then I got my payment book from a local Credit Union. It is still at the agreed upon rate of 1.9% so I don't really care, it just seemed odd.
Its common to use a "generic" loan agreement and then assign it to a bank or in your case a credit union. The rate on the contract (should be in a box towards the top) should reflect 1.9%.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its common to use a "generic" loan agreement and then assign it to a bank or in your case a credit union. The rate on the contract (should be in a box towards the top) should reflect 1.9%.
Thanks, it's all on there and the agreed upon rate is the same.