Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

My Q5

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MOFSTEEL: Wow! Those WeatherTech mats fit like a glove in your A4!!!
Old 01-10-2011, 09:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best Product on the market (I herd) - http://www.zainostore.com
Old 01-11-2011, 07:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AmazonJohn
MOFSTEEL - those look very nice, nothing like the set I had in my S4 Cabrio. The ones I bought were rubbery and not molded like those, apparently Weathertech makes different models. I know what you are saying about the coverage area. The OEM carpet mats that came with my Q5 are way too short and don't reach behind the pedals yet it certainly gets dirty under there. If the Q5 Weathertech mats are like these then they may indeed be a better option than the OEM rubber mats.
When I looked into buying mats, WeatherTech sells a "FloorLiner" product and "All Weather Floor Mat" product. The pics posted look like the "FloorLiner" product.

I ended up going with the OEM All Weather Mats from an online accessories website, and am pretty happy with them. I really like the front mats. I wish the rear ones would cover a bit more.

Btw, Time89, I know some Lexus guys who tout that Zaino is the best out there.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:03 AM
Never Follows

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by thundercloud
When I looked into buying mats, WeatherTech sells a "FloorLiner" product and "All Weather Floor Mat" product. The pics posted look like the "FloorLiner" product.
Yes, these are the "Floorliner" which are digitalfit.

I'll have our OEM Q5 rubber mats for sale soon.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thundercloud
Btw, Time89, I know some Lexus guys who tout that Zaino is the best out there.
I never try this product - can't give my personal opinion.
Work with one guy, his fiance give him a B-day present - ziano his Z350. It's look better, then day he get his car.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Regarding floor mats, searched for pics of the OEM all weather mats installed but didn't find any on the forum. Let me know if you want me to try to get a shot.

Also, might want to consider if you have a preference for the following:
1) Badging - Q5 vs. "WeatherTech"
2) Color (to match the rest of your interior?) - Audi site only shows black (currently out of stock) while WeatherTech appears to offer Black, Gray and Tan.

Either way, I don't think you can go wrong with either here in SoCal since we're not trudging snow/salt into our cars during the winter. If I was on the East Coast again, I'd probably opt for WeatherTech's greater protection but since I'm not, the OEM ones look great and work just fine.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by asm777
Regarding floor mats, searched for pics of the OEM all weather mats installed but didn't find any on the forum. Let me know if you want me to try to get a shot.

Also, might want to consider if you have a preference for the following:
1) Badging - Q5 vs. "WeatherTech"
2) Color (to match the rest of your interior?) - Audi site only shows black (currently out of stock) while WeatherTech appears to offer Black, Gray and Tan.

Either way, I don't think you can go wrong with either here in SoCal since we're not trudging snow/salt into our cars during the winter. If I was on the East Coast again, I'd probably opt for WeatherTech's greater protection but since I'm not, the OEM ones look great and work just fine.

Thank you asm777, if you have time, I would appreciate seeing your pic of the OEM mats in your car

Yes I don't think we have to worry about snow or ice here in SoCal! Beautiful weather out there right now...
Old 01-11-2011, 09:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JennyC
Thank you asm777, if you have time, I would appreciate seeing your pic of the OEM mats in your car

Yes I don't think we have to worry about snow or ice here in SoCal! Beautiful weather out there right now...
Here you go! Pics of the front and rear OEM AW mats. Front mat needs some cleaning after the rains we've had lately...

After the mats, next steps will be to enable some of the hidden features of your new Q5. =)
Attached Images   
Old 01-11-2011, 09:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by asm777
Here you go! Pics of the front and rear OEM AW mats. Front mat needs some cleaning after the rains we've had lately...

After the mats, next steps will be to enable some of the hidden features of your new Q5. =)
Thanks for sharing pics of your mats! Looks like they are pretty easy to clean!
Ah hidden features, now that got me interested
Old 01-12-2011, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JennyC
Thanks for sharing pics of your mats! Looks like they are pretty easy to clean!
Ah hidden features, now that got me interested
Just posted a bunch of info here: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...776653&page=18

There are quite a few features you can activate (and deactivate) on the Q5 using VCDS (cable & software) including:
- Window & Sunroof operation via remote key
- Video in Motion
- DIS Efficiency Program screen (details on this in the referenced thread)
- Remove "winking" DRLs
- and more!