Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

My Q5 is at the dealer!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 02:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Q5 is at the dealer!

My Q5 is at the dealer, unfortunately I won't be able to travel there until Tuesday since it's several hundred miles away!

But, they did send me some pics of my actual car so I have something to do to help pass the time until I can meet my new Q! A bit of a Plain Jane model wise, but I think the car comes nicely equipped for the Base model.

I did not want a sunroof (have one now and don't enjoy it in +100 degree temps). We're also overseas right now so the GPS won't do us much good here. We also like the option of taking our GPS out of the car to use in Pedestrian mode because we travel a lot, and we often preprogram the GPS with all of our trip info which is pretty cool. I want to find a secure place to attach it...I don't particularly like the vent system that I'm using now since it bounces around a lot.

I'm also going to to be living several hours away from the nearest Audi dealer, so the less things I have on the car, hopefully the less things that can go wrong?! (...she says hopefully!)

The interior look gray in the photos, but apparently it is black!

Quartz Gray/Black Leather~IPod IF~Heated Seats~Rear Airbags~Bluetooth/Homelink
Attached Images   
Old 05-06-2011, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats! Looks like new!
Old 05-06-2011, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TIME89
Congrats! Looks like new!
I warned the dealer that they better not let anyone use it for a test drive! I've already paid for it!

Which makes me wonder....how many miles should a brand new car have on it? When we've purchased off the lot in the past, our vehicles have usually had around 20 miles on the odometer, and I've always assumed it was from test drives or just rearranging them on the lots.

Since I ordered thus from the factory, it shouldn't really have been driven anywhere right?
Old 05-06-2011, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Dreamaudi
how many miles should a brand new car have on it?
10-15
mine had 9 and I was surprised...so I guess I should edit...9-15 miles
Old 05-06-2011, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I warned the dealer that they better not let anyone use it for a test drive! I've already paid for it!

Which makes me wonder....how many miles should a brand new car have on it? When we've purchased off the lot in the past, our vehicles have usually had around 20 miles on the odometer, and I've always assumed it was from test drives or just rearranging them on the lots.

Since I ordered thus from the factory, it shouldn't really have been driven anywhere right?

RRRiiighhht!
Old 05-06-2011, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Looks like military car sales in Germany? Which base?

Why do you say you're hours away from the nearest dealer? Where do you live?
Old 05-06-2011, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Reisen
Looks like military car sales in Germany? Which base?

Why do you say you're hours away from the nearest dealer? Where do you live?
Wow...20 questions

We're picking it up near Ramstein....but we're not affiliated with a Base, and we are currently staying up in the Northern part of the country. My father and his family are from Germany so we took a work opportunity to spend some time here.

Soon enough we'll be back in our home State of Washington, and the closest dealer is over the Cascades on the Seattle side which is a 2-3 hrs depending on how the Passes are.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wrong, Audi have a commissioning program that requires a certain amount of miles be driven. It is done with the VCDS hooked up. They drive hit the buttons it reports back and gives next instruction drive hit the buttons program drive hit the buttons done oops I still have to get back to the workshop.
Every car has a certain distance. You cant get one with zero or 1 mile.
I dont understand why they dont just make a once off commission reset or start the clock at minus 10.
Then we would all be happy.
Good luck, will be watching out for the visual conformation of arrival and any updates details etc.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Wow...20 questions

We're picking it up near Ramstein....but we're not affiliated with a Base, and we are currently staying up in the Northern part of the country. My father and his family are from Germany so we took a work opportunity to spend some time here.

Soon enough we'll be back in our home State of Washington, and the closest dealer is over the Cascades on the Seattle side which is a 2-3 hrs depending on how the Passes are.
Haha, I did the exact same thing. I spent 7 years at Ramstein, and my parents spent 17 there. I bought my BMW there (I knew that sign looked familiar) back in 2001. I was trying to figure where in Germany you were that you were hours from the closest Audi dealer :-)

Funny enough, my parents are now in Washington as well (San Juans), and have the same thing with needing to take their X3 and X5 to Seattle for service.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ha...I saw the BFV on the sign in the background. Leaves me to believe its in Benjamin Franklin Village where I grew up in Mannheim. Man I miss Germany...

Quick Reply: My Q5 is at the dealer!