Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Name your BEST deal on 2013 Q5

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 11:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Name your BEST deal on 2013 Q5

Just want to do a poll to see what prices everyone is paying on the 2013 Q5.

To be helpful to all, please answer it in following way:

1) Trim level
2) What packages and options
3) Color
4) Final price before Tax, Tags, Registration, any doc fees.
5) Which city
6) Dealer name (optional, but helpful if you like to share)

So far in So Cal, I was able to get dealers to agree to as little as $200 above invoice just by talking the deal a little.

I see and hear from dealers that Q5 are now available and easily find. So they are willing to deal.

Best deal by far is the ACNA 6% below MRSP, plus Loyalty discount of $1000 if you or someone in your residency/family already own an Audi.

If you have got better deal PLEASE SHARE all the tips and tricks. Let's help all prospective buyers here! Thank you!
Old 03-07-2013, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Loyalty comes completely out of AoA's pocket, so if you could get invoice+$200 from the dealer, then applying Loyalty that would be invoice-$800. Some people have also been able to get the dealer to a certain % under MSRP (say 5%) and then get them to take that same % off while using the Supplier discount for a greater discount (Supplier is 6% total off, 4% from the dealer, so 5% off with Supplier would be a total of 7%) -- but I wouldn't think a lot of dealers would necessarily go for something like that.

Prices also vary greatly by region as supply varies. Around here Q5s are still hard to keep in stock, so I wouldn't expect huge discounts without trying, especially on a vehicle already on the lot.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The dealer where I bought my Q5 is a medium sized dealership and currently they are showing 3 Q5's in stock. One 2.0, one 3.0 and one Hybrid.

So I'm sure they aren't dealing too much on them right now.

Some of the larger dealerships in the area are showing more units in stock, so maybe competitve pressure would help hold prices down a bit.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Just bought a Q5 yesterday. I got a straight 5% of MSRP. Equipment as follows:

Color: Ice Silver
Motor: 3.0T
Other Options: S Line, MMI Nav Pckge, BO Sound

My experience during the last week here in So. Cal. was dealers typically had no more than 2-3 3.0T's in stock plus others arriving shortly. A couple of dealers didn't have any but were still advertising cars on the ship. The 2.0-s were more plentiful.

I really wanted Ice Silver and found only one 3.0 within 75 miles of me on Autotrader or through phone calls. I was willing to treat Ice Silver as a costlier option than what Audi charges for it such that frankly I'd have paid more for the vehicle had it been necessary.

The worst selection and gouge attempts I found was at my nearest dealer in South Orange County. LA was better.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Q5 Bob
The dealer where I bought my Q5 is a medium sized dealership and currently they are showing 3 Q5's in stock. One 2.0, one 3.0 and one Hybrid.

So I'm sure they aren't dealing too much on them right now.

Some of the larger dealerships in the area are showing more units in stock, so maybe competitve pressure would help hold prices down a bit.
Wow, if a medium-sized dealership only has 3 in stock then I think your city has the demand to open another dealership! There are 7 dealerships within 35 min of my house. Their current inventory on Q5's are: 27, 15, 27, 8, 8, 6, 12. I think they are all very willing to deal
Old 03-07-2013, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

For my wife's Q5 3.0T Premium Plus w/ Nav and B&O...6% off MSRP (supplier discount) less $1k loyalty credit. Documentation fees are $200. My state doesn't have sales tax. No deposit required to order vehicle.

My dealer has provided us with several extended (24 hrs) test drives on a Q5, S4 and A5. I felt that our deal was fair for all parties. Currently March 18th is the date given to allow changes to our configuration. Estimated delivery is mid to late May.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Parsec
Wow, if a medium-sized dealership only has 3 in stock then I think your city has the demand to open another dealership! There are 7 dealerships within 35 min of my house. Their current inventory on Q5's are: 27, 15, 27, 8, 8, 6, 12. I think they are all very willing to deal
I live in the metro Chicago area and some of the other dealers do have more inventory.

The dealership where I bought mine has had a lot of turnover in management, sales and business office (not sure about service dept.), so maybe they are going thru some things that are effecting inventories etc.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

In Toronto, Canada. Q5 3.0T Prem Plus with Nav, S Line, B&O, 20" tires & sun shades - 7.7% off of MSRP including loyalty and supplier discount.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Q5 Bob
I live in the metro Chicago area and some of the other dealers do have more inventory.

The dealership where I bought mine has had a lot of turnover in management, sales and business office (not sure about service dept.), so maybe they are going thru some things that are effecting inventories etc.
When I purchased a few years ago in Chicagoland, Suburban Dealer A had 3 Q5s, Downtown Dealer B had 1 Q5 ad Suburban Dealer C had 16 Q5s on the lot. I bought off the lot from Dealer C as they had the inventory and gave me the best price. They claimed that they do the most volume, hence the larger inventory.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

On my 2013 2.0T P+ I got invoice + $300 - loyalty. It was an ordered car, so it went back out the door the day after it arrived, minimizing their carrying cost. I'm a repeat offender there, and have all my warranty work done at the same dealership. Every time I am in the dealership I make sure to shake hands with the salesman and the Sales Manager, as well as chat up the front desk ladies. Being well known helped get a good price with minimal haggle.

Quick Reply: Name your BEST deal on 2013 Q5