Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

New 2013 2.0T Black with Sport Chestnut Seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2013 2.0T Black with Sport Chestnut Seats

Hello, my first post to AudiWorld! After more than two years, I finally pulled the trigger on my 2013 Q5 PP 2.0T. I've been driving an RX since '99 and wanted to get something more sporty than another soft RX. After looking at most in the segment including the RX, Q5, X3, EX35, XC60, and RDX, I came full circle and landed on my original choice -- the Q5. Hopefully this will be as reliable as my RX but hold no illusions that it will.

So far so good. It is much stiffer than the RX but that's pretty much a given. I ended up getting it off the lot and compromised on a couple of the options but it came with the interior combo that I wanted which is the sport package with Chestnut brown seats and Ash trim.

Only had it for 10 days now and had one minor glitch that happened today. I went to pull it out my garage to take a few pictures but when I hit the start button, nothing happened. I did this a couple of times and finally received a message in the dash saying No Key Available or something like that. I had my advanced key in my pocket and pulled it out. After using it to unlock/lock my doors, it finally recognized the key and was able to start the engine. Has anyone experienced this problem? Should I be concerned?

Anyway, here are a few pictures I took. We had 25" of snow yesterday but it hasn't been out in it yet!
Attached Images      
Old 02-10-2013, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Here are some interior pics.
Attached Images     
Old 02-10-2013, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Great combo with the black and chestnut, and the ash looks great. Glad you came thru the storm ok.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats... Looks nice..

Do you plan to do any modifications(LED light replacement, sub upgrade,etc..) and/or get any accessories(fancy coco mats http://www.cocomats.com )?

Going to make any snow plowing videos?
Old 02-10-2013, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 2013QueueFive
Here are some interior pics.
Very nice. I have the exact same Q5 on order only with a cuvee silver exterior. Love seeing the interior combo. How do you like the black headliner?
Old 02-10-2013, 08:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Great color combo... love the interior
Old 02-10-2013, 09:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thats the color combo I truly wanted... I couldn't find one in the time frame I needed.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks all! We came through the storm with no problems, thankfully.

As far as mods, I've been learning quite a bit from the board here. It may be a while before I do anything and it would probably be small stuff like interior LEDs. I already have on hand my Zaino kit and will probably wait until the spring to apply it. When I took delivery I had swirl marks on the hood and brought to the attention of the CA. A week after I took it home, I went back to the dealership and he did a complete exterior buff and wax. It looks better but hoping a few coats of Z-5 will keep the swirls away.

I'm lovin' the interior combo. It pretty much sold me since it was a lot purchase. No issues with the black headliner. The biggest compromise was that the exterior is black. If they had a Midnight Blue with the same interior, I would have gone that way. But to me, it's more important what's inside since that's what I see when I'm behind the wheel!
Old 02-11-2013, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 2013QueueFive
Thanks all! We came through the storm with no problems, thankfully.

As far as mods, I've been learning quite a bit from the board here. It may be a while before I do anything and it would probably be small stuff like interior LEDs. I already have on hand my Zaino kit and will probably wait until the spring to apply it. When I took delivery I had swirl marks on the hood and brought to the attention of the CA. A week after I took it home, I went back to the dealership and he did a complete exterior buff and wax. It looks better but hoping a few coats of Z-5 will keep the swirls away.

I'm lovin' the interior combo. It pretty much sold me since it was a lot purchase. No issues with the black headliner. The biggest compromise was that the exterior is black. If they had a Midnight Blue with the same interior, I would have gone that way. But to me, it's more important what's inside since that's what I see when I'm behind the wheel!
Keep us posted on how well you like your new Q5. My almost identical Q5 won't be here until early or mid April. So at least I can hear about yours in the meantime... I really hope you like the 2.0T as that is what I ordered as well.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:14 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 123Audi4me
Keep us posted on how well you like your new Q5. My almost identical Q5 won't be here until early or mid April. So at least I can hear about yours in the meantime... I really hope you like the 2.0T as that is what I ordered as well.
Will do. As I mentioned in my OP the ride is much harsher than my old vehicle. It turns out the air pressure in the tires are around 45psi! I'm going to knock that down to 35 (the sticker in the door says 33psi is recommended). I'm sure that should improve the ride.

Quick Reply: New 2013 2.0T Black with Sport Chestnut Seats