Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

New 2013 2.0T Black with Sport Chestnut Seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2013QueueFive
Will do. As I mentioned in my OP the ride is much harsher than my old vehicle. It turns out the air pressure in the tires are around 45psi! I'm going to knock that down to 35 (the sticker in the door says 33psi is recommended). I'm sure that should improve the ride.
What tires did your Q come equipped with? My dealer said they would likely be Michelin. But it sounds like most new owners are receiving Continentals.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Will do. As I mentioned in my OP the ride is much harsher than my old vehicle. It turns out the air pressure in the tires are around 45psi! I'm going to knock that down to 35 (the sticker in the door says 33psi is recommended). I'm sure that should improve the ride.
if you drive full passengers keep the psi around 39psi. 33PSI is usually calculated without passengers in the car.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 358 Likes on 210 Posts

45PSI too much

2.0TFSI sticker on the door with following values:
-summer tires: 2-3 passengers 30 PSI, full load 33PSI
-winter tires 32PSI, full load 35PSI

Last edited by spijun; 02-14-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AudiQ5sleeper
if you drive full passengers keep the psi around 39psi. 33PSI is usually calculated without passengers in the car.
Looking in the manual, for my tires it says 33psi is for full load and 30psi is for normal load. For now, I knocked it down to 35psi and the ride is noticeably less jarring.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by spijun
45PSI too much

2.0TFSI sticker on the door with following values:
-summer tires: 2-3 passengers 30 PSI, full load 33PSI
-winter tires 32PSI, full load 35PSI
Thanks. This is the recommendation on the door and in the manual.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 123Audi4me
What tires did your Q come equipped with? My dealer said they would likely be Michelin. But it sounds like most new owners are receiving Continentals.
I have the 19" Continental CrossContact LX Sports.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Quality pics
Old 02-16-2013, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have the 19" Continental CrossContact LX Sports.
When you get a chance, let us know how you like the performance of the 2.0T engine, especially when climbing a grade at 60+ mph. I be interested to know your actual overall MPG and miles per tank range also. I think I'm going to like the 2.0T when it arrives but I'm a little worried that I should have ordered the 3.0T or waited for the 3.0TDI. Thanks.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:35 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 123Audi4me
When you get a chance, let us know how you like the performance of the 2.0T engine, especially when climbing a grade at 60+ mph. I be interested to know your actual overall MPG and miles per tank range also. I think I'm going to like the 2.0T when it arrives but I'm a little worried that I should have ordered the 3.0T or waited for the 3.0TDI. Thanks.
First of all, let me give a bit of background on the type of miles that will be put on my Q5 to give you some context. My driving patterns will probably not match with most since I'm a low mileage driver and I typically don't take the Q5 out daily. I drive mostly short local trips a couple of times a week and maybe on weekends. I'm actually a bit concerned that I don't drive it enough and may have my wife drive it to work every so often just so it gets some usage.

Yesterday I was able to take it out for a bit of an extended drive, including taking it on the highway. This is still a brand new engine going through break-in but so far I'm really happy with the performance of the 2.0T. The tranny is very smooth and the ride is much better with 35psi. On the highway, I find that the steering is very responsive. Granted, I'm coming from an old RX so my frame of reference is not something difficult to outperform in any situation. Coming out of my neighborhood to passing on the highway, I feel there's plenty of power and tourque to get me where I want to be when I want to be there.

I will also be curious what the mpg's will be for my first tank. So far I've only used about a 1/2 tank of the original fillup from the dealer. The trip computer says I still have ~250 to go and I'm a bit over 200 miles driven now. I recall the original reading said I had over 520 miles to go, so it's steadily been coming down as I drive but if I get over 400 for the first fillup, that would be pretty good considering the amount of local driving I do.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

First of all, let me give a bit of background on the type of miles that will be put on my Q5 to give you some context. My driving patterns will probably not match with most since I'm a low mileage driver and I typically don't take the Q5 out daily. I drive mostly short local trips a couple of times a week and maybe on weekends. I'm actually a bit concerned that I don't drive it enough and may have my wife drive it to work every so often just so it gets some usage.

Yesterday I was able to take it out for a bit of an extended drive, including taking it on the highway. This is still a brand new engine going through break-in but so far I'm really happy with the performance of the 2.0T. The tranny is very smooth and the ride is much better with 35psi. On the highway, I find that the steering is very responsive. Granted, I'm coming from an old RX so my frame of reference is not something difficult to outperform in any situation. Coming out of my neighborhood to passing on the highway, I feel there's plenty of power and tourque to get me where I want to be when I want to be there.

I will also be curious what the mpg's will be for my first tank. So far I've only used about a 1/2 tank of the original fillup from the dealer. The trip computer says I still have ~250 to go and I'm a bit over 200 miles driven now. I recall the original reading said I had over 520 miles to go, so it's steadily been coming down as I drive but if I get over 400 for the first fillup, that would be pretty good considering the amount of local driving I do.
Great, thanks.

Quick Reply: New 2013 2.0T Black with Sport Chestnut Seats