Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

New 2013 ACNA benefit: 6% loyalty discount!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I signed up! But I will be purchasing a MY2014 TDI..

It's 50 bucks.. who knows if it will apply for 2014 model's!

Has anyone successfully received the 6% discount?
Old 03-01-2013, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mwaarna
who knows if it will apply for 2014 model's!
AoA knows (maybe)! A literal reading of the paperwork would say "no", but it would be surprising to actually limit the MY (the intent is that it's for new, "current" vehicles). The whole program is now at AoA's discretion since they're the one funding it now, so they could change anything at any time.

It's only been available for a month, probably a little early still, but it's just the Supplier discount that a lot of people use all the time, so overall there shouldn't be any special difficulties specifically for the ACNA incarnation.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mwaarna
I signed up! But I will be purchasing a MY2014 TDI..

It's 50 bucks.. who knows if it will apply for 2014 model's!

I'm with you! Waiting on the Q5 TDI info as well. As it's a 2014 model (i.e. not in the current 6% program), we can only hope that the 6% gets renewed next year, and that the TDI isn't grouped in with the hybrid.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Will 6% ACNA discount apply to 2014 Q5 3.0t?

Hey, everyone. New here, but not to forums in general. I'm looking to order a 2014 Q5 3.0T. I really need it sooner than later, and I know the 6% ACNA discount doesn't kick in until the sixth month of membership, and I don't see any guarantee it will apply to the 2014, though I'm hoping so. Really, I want the TDI, but even without a 2014 price list (though I do have a copy of the order form), I have to assume the TDI would set me back a minimum of $4K, and that's more than I can do. At 2013 prices, what I've configured puts me right at $50K, and that's without Audi assist (blind spot monitor) which is now a factory option on the 2014 Premium+ (in 2013 it was only available port-installed, and then only on the Prestige). The order form also lists Audi assist and trailer hitch as a single port-installed check-off, or trailer hitch as a single port-installed check-off, and Audi assist as a single factory installed check-off. It's hard to know if ordering the Audi assist from factory and the trailer hitch port-installed will price the two options out differently (ie. more money than having both installed at the port). The hitch gets put on at the port (no way around it) but I'd prefer the Audi assist from factory. I'm sure the wire harness is pre-installed, but I'd rather not have the mirrors switched out at the port if it's not necessary. But with no price list yet, there's no way to tell if ordering it that way will price the two options out higher than a single port installed check-off for both. Anyway, if this even makes sense, I guess you can tell money is an issue. This vehicle is right at the limit of my current financial resources. To make use of the 6% ACNA discount, I'd have to wait three months to place the order, and hope for a three month delivery. Is there any other way to do this? Could an Audi employee or supplier employee provide a certificate to a friend or family? Sorry to make this so much about money, but it could make the diffference for me between swinging the purchase or not. I have to do a cash deal because my earnings right now are not verifiable so financing is not an option. If anybody has any ideas or can help with a certificate, please let me know via PM. I'd be willing to pay for for an Audi or supplier employee's trouble. Hopefully, at some point I can start posting as an owner making positive contributions to the forum, and not as a first time poster asking for advice and then some. Thanks.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by haudi2u2
I really need it sooner than later, and I know the 6% ACNA discount doesn't kick in until the sixth month of membership, and I don't see any guarantee it will apply to the 2014, though I'm hoping so.
I have yet to hear back from Audi Incentives, but someone else asked ACNA and was told that MY2014s will be included (and that details should be available sometime in May -- which should just be the list of excluded models, which is currently R and hybrid models). Of course, the ACNA method doesn't help you much if you aren't anywhere near 6+ months' tenure so if you need it ASAP then you're a bit stuck there.

Supplier would require validation of the certificate and would only be valid for the actual person who qualifies (as far as I'm aware), so you couldn't get a friend to give you access like that, unfortunately.

You should be able to use a Friends and Family certificate as long as you knew someone willing and able to get you one, though I don't know how many certificates employees can generate in a year (whether they're limited to just 1 like Supplier or if there's a slightly higher limit for them).

You may also be able to get a decent deal directly from a dealer if you look around some; I know I've seen people getting 5+% off around here. Not sure how your negotiating skills are (mine are nonexistent ) and how many dealers would be in the radius you'd be willing to travel, but if you ran across a good volume dealer you'd probably have the best luck with getting a reasonably low price, I would think. Bonus points if it's a dealer you'd likely be servicing at since they may be willing to go lower up front in hopes that they'd make a lot of money off you in the service department.

Good luck on the deal, hopefully it works out comfortably for you.