Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

New member-waiting not so patiently

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shipping Update

Tirranna docked in Brunswick, GA yesterday evening, Independence 2 is in Baltimore the last 2 days (Charleston next, then Brunswick), Otello just made it into Halifax (NYC and Brunswick next), Integrity is in Southamption,UK (Baltimore next), and Fidelio is loading up in Bremerhaven for tomorrow's departure.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Cabo de Hornos
Tirranna docked in Brunswick, GA yesterday evening, Independence 2 is in Baltimore the last 2 days (Charleston next, then Brunswick), Otello just made it into Halifax (NYC and Brunswick next), Integrity is in Southamption,UK (Baltimore next), and Fidelio is loading up in Bremerhaven for tomorrow's departure.
Thanks Cabo. Although it's not confirmed I have been following Tirranna as the stork carry my "baby" Q5. T-minus 6 days to Galveston (already 2 days behind the original itinerary) followed by a painfully unknown amount of time for transfer to Houston. Have to say that 6 weeks in to the wait and I'm pretty sure these are going to be the longest ~2 weeks. Considering flying out to the boat to drive it over myself .
Old 05-31-2011, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Tirranna Update

Tirranna has departed Brunswick, now located between Brunswick and Jacksonville heading for Galveston, arrival scheduled for 6/4 at 1100 UTC (0600 cdt). Making 17 knots at a heading of 157 degrees. Wonder if this itinerary includes the annual crew layover in Key West for grog, etc.

Hang in there bridger.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Cansv
Thanks for all the replies. We ordered a 2012 Premium Plus, 2.0, Pano Roof, Nav with back-up camera, Ice Silver Metalic, Grey interior. We orderded on May 14 and the estimated delivary is around August 20, but our dealer said that was best case and expect September.
Your car has the same details as mine. Even though the cinnamon was my first choice for the interior, I am really happy with the lt grey. My 3 yr old grandson has made a few marks on the leather, but it wipes right off with a Wet One. Most people on this forum (including me) received their cars almost exactly three months from the time of ordering.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Cabo de Hornos
Tirranna has departed Brunswick, now located between Brunswick and Jacksonville heading for Galveston, arrival scheduled for 6/4 at 1100 UTC (0600 cdt). Making 17 knots at a heading of 157 degrees. Wonder if this itinerary includes the annual crew layover in Key West for grog, etc.

Hang in there bridger.
Better not be any grog for the captain!!! Precious cargo I do hate how the ship disappears from the marine traffic site at times though. Maybe they are stopping off.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats,

I'm still waiting for mine that was ordered Feb. 12th hopefully will have it the same week as my 31st BDay in August.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by ok4tx
Your car has the same details as mine. Even though the cinnamon was my first choice for the interior, I am really happy with the lt grey. My 3 yr old grandson has made a few marks on the leather, but it wipes right off with a Wet One. Most people on this forum (including me) received their cars almost exactly three months from the time of ordering.
I had a hard time deciding if the Grey would look good and since we ordered it sight unseen, its nice to know you like it. Black leather seems so common and shows wear so quickly so we decided on something a little different.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Cansv
I had a hard time deciding if the Grey would look good and since we ordered it sight unseen, its nice to know you like it. Black leather seems so common and shows wear so quickly so we decided on something a little different.
I had grey (just a little darker than this) in my 4Runner. After 8 yrs, there weren't any areas of discoloration and it only had a couple of places that had shown any wear. This made the decision on the Q easier. The color blocking with the med grey on the door panel, steering wheel and dash, contrasting with the lighter grey of the seats and arm rests looks really sharp on the Q5.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Tirranna Tracker

Good things come to those who wait bridger. "Avast there, matey", a short pit stop for some "tea and crumpets" at Sloppy Joe's won't be noticed in the Capn's log will it? I'm sure she'll be back in tracker radar range before too long.

Pleased to see that Fidelio has departed Bremerhaven heading for the North Sea and on to Sweden...I was concerned that the crew would be quarantined for taking on Spanish cucumbers as part of the evening's dinner salad. Not a pleasant development re: the E. coli outbreak over there, but I digress.

We had considered the grey on grey combo for our Q5 as well, having owned a medium grey Avalon exterior with a very cozy grey-on-grey cabin throughout and nicely placed faux wood accents, but when we saw the verrrry light grey primary color for the seating surfaces and the beige arm rests we also saw a more demanding "keep me clean" requirement. So we opted for something a little edgier for the interior of our meteor grey Q5 and went for the cinnamon brown interior, even though the headliner will be black. As long as no one wears denim jeans or shorts, or agrees to wear a diaper over them , we'll be fine.
Nevertheless, we can see why some folks will be quite happy with their grey on grey, and we'll be just as happy for them.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Go Away (for Bridger's Sake)!!!

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical...193_model.html

Nooooo, not now, please.

Quick Reply: New member-waiting not so patiently