Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

New q5 and a dog problem!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New q5 and a dog problem!

Hey everyone,

Just got my new q5 and couldnt be more pleased. The thing is I have a white lab/pit mix who loves to shed. My interior is black and Im extremely scared of putting him in the car.

Im tryin to find solutions to keep my car hair free but also be able to transport my dog around occasionally. I was thinking maybe there might be some kind of covering for truck out there one of you might know about.

Thanks!
Old 03-19-2013, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have a Q5 ordered, I am purchasing a Canvasback cover. I've heard great things about them. Just Google Canvasback cover and get their website. Custom designed for the vehicle.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Look at both kurgo.com and duluthtrading.com. They both have a pretty good assortment of dog / car accessories.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh man White lab !!!!

We had a 110lb beauty that shed about that much hair each day

The BEST dogs, but whew the shedding, we got two dyson pet vacs for the house, one for the rv, and always limited her access to the Q... at the time we had a Ford Excursion she could roam around in when she went with us ...

on edit: when we sold the Excursion, they were still pulling individual hairs out of the carpet that had weaved itself into the nap !!! as you know, the dual coats on those were bred in to keep them warm in freezing water...

Last edited by JohnBoyToo; 03-19-2013 at 07:39 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by syncopationelation
Hey everyone,

Just got my new q5 and couldnt be more pleased. The thing is I have a white lab/pit mix who loves to shed. My interior is black and Im extremely scared of putting him in the car.

Im tryin to find solutions to keep my car hair free but also be able to transport my dog around occasionally. I was thinking maybe there might be some kind of covering for truck out there one of you might know about.

Thanks!
Audi dealers are selling back seat covers if your interested. I will be buying one soon to protect the leather and keep the back seat clean from pet hair, food and dirt.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I carry my Border Terrier in the back in a Pet Porter. He's much safer in there and is contained if I have to make an evasive maneuver. He sheds some of his coat each time and is easily vacuumed up from the trunk mat.
But it's a different story with the dog hair that I carry on the bottoms of my shoes into the footwell of the Q. Vacuum gets some of it, sticky tape gets some of it, a nitrile glove seems to magically get some of it. One must almost hand-pick the black carpet of individual hairs. Not my favorite past time.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have both the complete canvasback liner for the rear and a rear seat Audi stamped drape/cover. The rear seat is for the kids and their god awefull mess and the canvasback is for our Vizsla. The Canvasback is such a nice product compared to all the other crap out there. Top quality and extremely precise fit.

Dave
Old 03-20-2013, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by ATC69
I have a Q5 ordered, I am purchasing a Canvasback cover. I've heard great things about them. Just Google Canvasback cover and get their website. Custom designed for the vehicle.
I have the canvasback cover and a white lab. I am very happy with the fit of it and keeping those lab hairs from working into the fabric.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Is Audi still carrying the rear seat covers? Just picked up my new Q5 and I was told that Audi has discontinued this product. Disappointing as it look like a good way to protect my back seat from dog hair and nail scratches.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Linny
Is Audi still carrying the rear seat covers? Just picked up my new Q5 and I was told that Audi has discontinued this product. Disappointing as it look like a good way to protect my back seat from dog hair and nail scratches.
a couple of things to consider would be the plastic cargo area liner and winter mats. With these you would be able to vacuum the hair easier and have less carpet coverage.

Quick Reply: New q5 and a dog problem!