Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

New to Q5 Family, question about bumper protector

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 10:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get this,

http://genuineaudiparts.com/partloca...catalogid=5517

Originally Posted by treasureshell
Hello All,

I just joined the Q5 family this past weekend. Hubby got me this ultimate "push" present for having our first baby

I had a Jetta which I adore but with a 3 months old in tow, hubby felt that it was safer if I drove a bigger car. I am loving the 2013 Q5, though it does take some time getting use to driving an SUV. I love the fact that I no longer have to "fall" into my Jetta with my baby and occasionally bump his head to the roof when lifting him up to place him in the car seat. I know he’s also enjoying the sky view with the panoramic sunroof

I would like to get recommendations from you for bumper protector that I can use for the car. With constant loading/unloading of the stroller, I want to make sure that I can get something to prevent scratching the lip paint of the bumper. If possible, I also prefer the kind of protector that’s easily removable without damaging the paint if needed.

Thank you!!
Old 10-13-2015, 11:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Where did you source that Reggie?
Any chance you have a link?
Old 10-13-2015, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 391 Likes on 352 Posts

Weathertech is now marketing something called the "BumpStep". Looks like it would take a bashing.
Old 10-14-2015, 02:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm using the same one. Took 5 minutes to install, looks good and really protects the top surface of the bumper when my two large dogs get in the back. Purchased on Amazon, quick shipping and very cost effective. It has been on for two months and is holding tight.

Originally Posted by Reggie
I got the SS one:

I really like it and it takes a lot of abuse from my wife trips to the airport (sometimes the two week trips to Asia means heavy bags). There are some scratches on the SS but one does not really notice them and better on the cover than the bumper.

More pictures of the install are here:Q5 Bumper Cover by Reginald Short | Photobucket
Old 10-14-2015, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Best bumper protector

I bought one from ngpracing.com for $109. It is made of ABS, fits perfectly and is made in the UK. Perfect fit, matte finish (other finishes available). Took 5 minutes to install, held in place with double-sided tape, pre-installed on the strip. Have had it now for 9 months and my 90 lb. German Shepherd has yet to scratch it, been in and out my Q5 hundreds of times...
Old 10-15-2015, 01:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

SS flavor ordered from Fleabay
Old 03-01-2016, 05:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by treasureshell
Hello All,

I just joined the Q5 family this past weekend. Hubby got me this ultimate "push" present for having our first baby

I had a Jetta which I adore but with a 3 months old in tow, hubby felt that it was safer if I drove a bigger car. I am loving the 2013 Q5, though it does take some time getting use to driving an SUV. I love the fact that I no longer have to "fall" into my Jetta with my baby and occasionally bump his head to the roof when lifting him up to place him in the car seat. I know he’s also enjoying the sky view with the panoramic sunroof

I would like to get recommendations from you for bumper protector that I can use for the car. With constant loading/unloading of the stroller, I want to make sure that I can get something to prevent scratching the lip paint of the bumper. If possible, I also prefer the kind of protector that’s easily removable without damaging the paint if needed.

Thank you!!
Congrats on el baby!

Super exciting. I just picked up my first Q5 as well, went the Bumper Bully and BumpShox route for driving / living in the urban oasis known as Jersey City, NJ. Pics below.

Plates are temps ;-)