Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

New Q5 this month!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 09:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Q5 this month!!!

Currently my Q5 is on the water being shipped from Germany to the US. I ordered it on December 6, 2009 and they told me two the three months, however it's been more like three to four months. The wait has been no less than unbearable. I ordered an ice silver Q5 with Sline, prestige package, and Audi drive select.

I would like to thank you all on this message board, you guys are the only thing that is keeping me from losing my insanity. I get my Q5 fix on a daily basis from reading all of the stuff you guys post on this board. I've also seen just about every video on Youtube at least 10 times.

Can't wait to get my Q5!!!

Last edited by Sherman's Audi; 03-02-2010 at 09:16 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sherman's Audi
Currently my Q5 is on the water being shipped from Germany to the US. I ordered it on December 6, 2009 and they told me two the three months, however it's been more like three to four months. The wait has been no less than unbearable. I ordered an ice silver Q5 with Sline, prestige package, and Audi drive select.

I would like to thank you all on this message board, you guys are the only thing that is keeping me from losing my insanity. I get my Q5 fix on a daily basis from reading all of the stuff you guys post on this board. I've also seen just about every video on Youtube at least 10 times.

You welcome!
Old 03-03-2010, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Sherman's Audi

I saw it up in Bremerhaven when I was up there for business! The dock guys were having a blast with it. I asked them to show me how to do donuts in my Q5 like they were doing in your's! I just did them in your Q5... sorry about the beer stains in the back... and the scratches... and the missing door... oh, and the mice that made a home in the spare tire cavity (they were soooo cute).... and the ice cream stains...

Good luck! have fun!
Old 03-03-2010, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well now that's weird. On the "other" forum, a guy who ordered 1/25 said his Q5 arrived in port- making it only 5 weeks. Your story is much easier to believe... Oh, and congrats! Mine was just ordered last week.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ELEVENS
Well now that's weird. On the "other" forum, a guy who ordered 1/25 said his Q5 arrived in port- making it only 5 weeks. Your story is much easier to believe... Oh, and congrats! Mine was just ordered last week.
It can also happen sometimes that the dealer "trades" with another dealer who has an identical vehicle already on order. That way, even though the car is exactly what you wanted, it's not really "your" order and thus ends up taking a less since it was ordered at a different time.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by EricSLine
I saw it up in Bremerhaven when I was up there for business! The dock guys were having a blast with it. I asked them to show me how to do donuts in my Q5 like they were doing in your's! I just did them in your Q5... sorry about the beer stains in the back... and the scratches... and the missing door... oh, and the mice that made a home in the spare tire cavity (they were soooo cute).... and the ice cream stains...

Good luck! have fun!
Cool, now I won't have to do all of the brake in work you guys have done it for me. Thanks for
giving her a good test. LOL

Man, I feel like a guy with his pregnant wife that's 9 months pregnant. You get a phone call and you are running out the door to pick up your new baby!!!
Old 03-05-2010, 03:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I ordered mine December 1 and it just arrived in eastern Canada this week. Probably still another month till it makes it out west. It's a long wait! Book a vacation or something so you can study your destination as much as you have your new Q5!
Old 03-08-2010, 03:53 AM
DrV
AudiWorld Senior Member

I saw a truck full of Audi's (including 2 Q5's) leaving Halifax on Friday!
Old 03-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just got word that the ship with my Q5 is docking!!! Should be driving it this weekend!!!

WooHoo
Old 03-09-2010, 06:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DrV
I saw a truck full of Audi's (including 2 Q5's) leaving Halifax on Friday!
That's funny. I wonder if my white one was on there. I have to wait longer as by the time it gets to Calgary, we'll be in the South Pacific. At least there's something exciting to get me off the beach to come home!

Quick Reply: New Q5 this month!!!