Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

New Q5 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Q5 Owner

Leased a new 2011 Q5 2.0T last night. Will post pics tomorrow.

Meteor Grey (sometimes looks blue)
Grey interior
Premium (Prem Plus would have been nice but not worth $4k to us)
Pano - love it!
Bluetooth
iPod

Was pleasantly surprised how fast the 2.0T was especially in Sport mode. Those that claim it does not perform well are f'in crazy. AWD is amazing.

The interior fit\finish are outstanding... wife and I are very impressed with Audi right now. Pano roof makes it seem very open and coming from a Yukon that is nice. Did not think I would like the stock wheels but in person they look much better than online.

Got email offer from dealer in LA for a sign and drive and took it to local dealer and they matched it. Dealer paid DMV, 1st payment and no security deposit. We had Yukon to trade in and owed $27k. First offer was $24k and after some quick negotiating we got $25500 so only needed to roll in $1500 into lease.

Used Costco program to get $500 over invoice and also used conquest rebate of $750 to lower cap cost so we end up getting the car for under invoice.

48\15k lease for $630 per month (including tax). We never buy a car and always lease as we get bored with a car after 3 years.

Wife and I are already arguing who gets to drive the Q5 more... hope we don't hurt our MB C300s feelings :0)

Thanks for the help during my decision process... Q5 was always at the top of the list but was considering the MB GLK since we thought we could get a better deal.

I keep my rides very clean and looks like brake dust is gonna be a problem... unless this is just during the brakes warm up period.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

"I keep my rides very clean and looks like brake dust is gonna be a problem... unless this is just during the brakes warm up period."

Nope! On-going endeavor to keep the wheels clean. Lot's of discussion about the brake dust on the forum and good info to keep the wheels clean if you so desire. Congrats on the new Q5.

Last edited by manup; 08-29-2010 at 12:57 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yea... I figured as much on the brake dust. I have the same problem on my C300 but only on the front wheels.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Congrats!!! Our's is ordered and we should have it in a month.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

[quote=boltsfan;24026041
I keep my rides very clean and looks like brake dust is gonna be a problem... unless this is just during the brakes warm up period.[/quote]
You have to change the pads - lots of postings on this. Changing pads now is easy as there is no wear on the rotors. Waxes for the wheels only make cleaning easier but does not stop the dust from forming minutes after washing the car on your way to Starbucks
Old 08-30-2010, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulation!!!!
Old 08-30-2010, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Congrats!! Especially getting it under invoice!

Yep, cleaning brake dust is an ongoing activity. I have the Armor All wheel protectant on now, and it is better than without it, though not spotless as some have posted (though I may be doing something wrong, putting too much or not enough, etc).
Old 08-30-2010, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Me too! No matter how careful I am applying the Armor All wheel protectant on the wheels some brake dust appears somewhere on the wheels. It is still way better than none at all on the wheels. I've gone almost six weeks this time using the Armor All wheel protectant without having to clean em.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by manup
Me too! No matter how careful I am applying the Armor All wheel protectant on the wheels some brake dust appears somewhere on the wheels. It is still way better than none at all on the wheels. I've gone almost six weeks this time using the Armor All wheel protectant without having to clean em.
Yup, me too. I put it on heavy a month ago and though there are some "brake dust smudges" on the wheels, there is just no comparison between using the Armor All and not using it. My wheels would look far worse within a week's time then they look now - at a month's time without it.
Reggie's solution - changing the brake pads, may be the real-deal fix, but it would sure pain me to spend that $$$ for new pads and installation - (if, like me, you ain't handy).
Reggie, peformance wise, how do those pads compare to Original Equipment pads? Would it make sense to swap out when the pads wear out?

Bob
Old 08-31-2010, 04:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

boltsfan, congrats, you made the right choice leasing the Q5 over the GLK.

Quick Reply: New Q5 Owner