Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

new Q5 owner checking in

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new Q5 owner checking in

Hi guys,

New q5 owner, just wanted to check in and say hello. Picked up my new 2011 Q5 Premium plus, black/black over the weekend. Loving every mile of it so far and looking forward to driving this for next few years. Hopefully problem free
Old 03-17-2011, 09:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your Q5.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

congrats and post some pics
Old 03-17-2011, 12:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Did you select from existing stock, or did you place an order for your Q (which I suspect)? If you ordered, how long did it take for delivery? I ordered in late December and am still waiting. Thnx.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LuckyLeif
Did you select from existing stock, or did you place an order for your Q (which I suspect)? If you ordered, how long did it take for delivery? I ordered in late December and am still waiting. Thnx.
Where are you located? I ordered on Dec.31st and took delivery last week, I'm on the east coast. Has your salesman given you an update? They should know exactly where your Q5 is.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by LuckyLeif
Every dealer I spoke to in the NY/NJ/CT area swore to me that the Q5s do not stay on the lots and are gone within a day of arriving, except for their test drivers. I ended up going with a dealer in NJ (Audi Meadowlands). I told him the config I wanted on 2/5/2011 and picked up the Q5 on 3/12/11. He was able to reserve a car that was about to ship out of Germany, so not sure if that counts as existing inventory, but it was already built. He was able to tell me when the car is going to be in port, when it passed customs (took about a week) and when it was on the truck headed for dealership. I had an amazing experience with the whole process overall. If you want, send me a PM and I'll give you all the details.

In an unrelated rant, I had the worst ever experience trying to deal with the Brooklyn, NY, Open Road Audi dealership. Absolutely do not go there, waste of time and nerves.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Oh I should add that I was told that if I wanted a custome configuration that they did not have in the computer at the time, the wait time would be around 3 months to have the car built/shipped/delivered.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ZodiakQ5
Oh I should add that I was told that if I wanted a custome configuration that they did not have in the computer at the time, the wait time would be around 3 months to have the car built/shipped/delivered.
Congrats! Quickest way to get the car. But you have to not be picky, or want a popular package combo that it's easier to get lucky finding one in current allocation.

You have your car though and not too long a wait. Now the next most important thing - the customary pics for all new Q5 posts on this forum!
Old 03-18-2011, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ZodiakQ5
....In an unrelated rant, I had the worst ever experience trying to deal with the Brooklyn, NY, Open Road Audi dealership. Absolutely do not go there, waste of time and nerves.
Same here - I don't know how they are still in business.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Picked up the 2.0T PP w/B&O yesterday. Finally. These photos are from my Iphone so quality is not great. I'll post first impressions after I have it a while.

Quick Reply: new Q5 owner checking in