Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

NY/NJ/CT Service Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NY/NJ/CT Service Recommendations?

Just wondering if anyone can recommend (from personal experience) a good dealer for service in the NY/NJ/CT area. This would, hopefully, just be for routine, scheduled maintenance.

Likewise, if you dislike a particular service department would love to hear about that as well.

Thanks!
Old 09-02-2010, 04:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up my Q5 last night from DCH Millburn in Maplewood NJ.. I searched high and low for the right price and they hooked me up. I had a minor issue with the SUV at first but the service department handle it QUICK and they also educted me on the issue etc..

Hope that helps?
Old 09-02-2010, 07:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ronyn78
I picked up my Q5 last night from DCH Millburn in Maplewood NJ.. I searched high and low for the right price and they hooked me up. I had a minor issue with the SUV at first but the service department handle it QUICK and they also educted me on the issue etc..

Hope that helps?
My husband takes his s4 to Hoffman Audi right outside Hartford, not sure if that is to far north for you.
Always have had good luck - never any problems from them. Not a big fan of the sales team there tho. My q5 is too new for service but when it's time I will be taking it there.

We've purchased both of our cars from Palisades Audi in Nyack NY (his s4 and my q5). Have had REALLY good experience with sales from them but it's too far for us to go for service, so no recommendation on their service but any staff we've worked with there have been great. We'll buy our next car from them.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Paul Miller Audi in Parsippany, NJ has treated me very well and I would recommend them highly. Maybe they have improved, but Flemington VW/Audi and Princeton Audi are two dealers I would not be able to speak well of. Flemington was poor service, and the sales tactics at Princeton nearly had me calling the police. They would not return the keys to my potential trade, then gave them back to me AFTER making certain I was parked-in by another car. I think they realized I was serious when I threatened to ram the car out of my way. I have had some bad experiences with sales departments (and some VERY good ones, such as at Paul Miller) but the Princeton experience was the worst by far... followed closely by a certain Somerset County Lexus dealer, but that is another story, one that did not involve my wife and I being held hostage by a dealer.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Bell Audi in Edison, NJ did some work and everything is OK so far. Cannot compare to another Audi dealer -first Audi in our family.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Service department at Manhattan Audi was consistently great when I went to them. Service advisor (kevin?) was always patient and informative. Car was always ready on time and washed. Very professional, hassle-free experience.

Now their sales team could use some work (arrogant and rude).
Old 09-05-2010, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by keeks
My husband takes his s4 to Hoffman Audi right outside Hartford, not sure if that is to far north for you.
Always have had good luck - never any problems from them. Not a big fan of the sales team there tho. My q5 is too new for service but when it's time I will be taking it there.
Same here. Sales sucked so I went to Bell in NJ but I get it serviced at Hoffman. They've fixed everything I've asked them to w/o the usual we can't replicate blah blah blah.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I live in Northwest Jersey. I have had issues with the Sales Department at Paul Miller Audi and Jack Daniels Audi. I have had my cars serviced at Paul Miller Audi and they always were good with me. Most of my servicing was done at Audi of Bernardsville where I have purchased four of my Audi's. I cannot say anything about the other dealers.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tgdA4
Service department at Manhattan Audi was consistently great when I went to them.

Now their sales team could use some work (arrogant and rude).
LOL. I went there for a quote on my Q5. They were actually nice to me as they tried to rip me off with a smile. Priced me at over $200/mth higher than I got my Audi for from Palisades Audi, and Palisades had a lower closing price. Guess that's Manhattan rents for ya.

Good to hear their service is good though.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by contempt
LOL. I went there for a quote on my Q5. They were actually nice to me as they tried to rip me off with a smile. Priced me at over $200/mth higher than I got my Audi for from Palisades Audi, and Palisades had a lower closing price. Guess that's Manhattan rents for ya.

Good to hear their service is good though.
Yeah my experience was, I walk in to an empty showroom and stand there for a few minutes before a woman asks what we are waiting for. I ask for a salesman and she leads us back to this guy who coldly greets us. He then answers a call and chats and laughs for another 5 minutes. I should have walked out at this point, but I really wanted the car.

Finally his sales approach was that of a job interview. Like I had to prove to him I was serious. He asks what kind of payment I want on an A4 and I tell him I don't know, maybe somewhere around $400 I guess. He laughs. Says you can't get an A4 for $400, it will be $460 for a premium (B7). I tell him thats fine, not that far off from what I said.

Basically the whole process was painful. Maybe I just showed up on the wrong day.

Quick Reply: NY/NJ/CT Service Recommendations?