Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Obsolete Nav maps taken a small step farther...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HaveBullDogWillTravel
I finally (after 4 trips to my dealer, 200 miles, and at least 12 hours of my life), have map update 5.5.6.
So the good news is that I now have the update and it was done for free; the dealer and AoA splitting the cost.
And the bad news is that it took "4 trips to my dealer, 200 miles, and at least 12 hours of my life" and Rt 200 mentioned by Q520009 is not in the database. So the maps are still dated. Was the update worth the effort, even for free? No. I'm sorry I ever wasted my time with it. I'll probably be dumping my Q5 at CarMax within the next 6 months. Helping me in this decision was the profound miss in the engine this AM. No code set but it most certainly was misfiring. Just guessing it's the beginning of the Carbon build-up issue. Who knows?
Extremely disappointing.

Considering a new S5 or maybe an X1. How's that for a broad spectrum? I don't know...the Q5 sure is a good fit.
Sad, very sad
You do what you have to do. Look at X3, X1 looks veard to me.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HaveBullDogWillTravel
2010 41K
ugh... mine is a 2010 3.2 - but I only have 24k miles on it.

not to get off topic here, but what did the misfire physically feel like? i mean, how can you tell it misfired? i'm not sure i've ever experienced that in any car before. thanks!
Old 10-01-2012, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mfpearson
ugh... mine is a 2010 3.2 - but I only have 24k miles on it.

not to get off topic here, but what did the misfire physically feel like? i mean, how can you tell it misfired? i'm not sure i've ever experienced that in any car before. thanks!
I started it up and backed it out of the driveway and then put it in drive and when I gave it a little gas it stumbled a little and then started accelerating and stumbled again and then all was Okay. This all happened in about 15 seconds...start to stumble to smooth. This is the first time it's ever missed a beat. It could be anything really... Faulty plug or injector or coil...maybe condensate in the fuel. I expect whatever it is will likely get worse and set a code before it strands me. It's under warranty so I'm not so concerned about it.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

See- you shoulda got a 2.0T - those 3.2's are such a cheap, outdated, bothersome engine
Old 10-02-2012, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo
...outdated, bothersome engine
Old 10-09-2012, 11:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

i think someone may have already mentioned this within the many pages of this thread...

however, i live in st. louis, and this past weekend i was trying ot navigate from my house in the suburbs to an art fair downtown in a location that i wasn't familiar with.

my nav system thinks that the major highway in st. louis (64/40) is still under construction, and therefore closed! it wouldn't take me on the highway, and when i got on the highway, it kept telling me to get off at the next exit... even though it acknowledged that the road i was currently on was in fact the highway that was supposedly closed.

i wonder if the nav update takes care of this - because this flaw makes my navigation system virtually unusable in st. louis. very disappointing - any way to confirm that this is fixed in the "new update?"
Old 10-10-2012, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Still, better than the iOS 6's Map app!

PS I'm receiving local street TMC in the greater LA area now in addition to the freeways.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mfpearson
i think someone may have already mentioned this within the many pages of this thread...

however, i live in st. louis, and this past weekend i was trying ot navigate from my house in the suburbs to an art fair downtown in a location that i wasn't familiar with.

my nav system thinks that the major highway in st. louis (64/40) is still under construction, and therefore closed! it wouldn't take me on the highway, and when i got on the highway, it kept telling me to get off at the next exit... even though it acknowledged that the road i was currently on was in fact the highway that was supposedly closed.

i wonder if the nav update takes care of this - because this flaw makes my navigation system virtually unusable in st. louis. very disappointing - any way to confirm that this is fixed in the "new update?"
Exactly where do you want to see. Here is a screenshot from my 2013 Q5 NAV (ver 5.6.5)
Attached Images  
Old 10-10-2012, 05:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well the 13s have a totally different hardware system than the earlier models. The theory was that Audi simply decided not to support the earlier versions anymore, let alone the map updates.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mrconana
Exactly where do you want to see. Here is a screenshot from my 2013 Q5 NAV (ver 5.6.5)
i'm not sure there's anywhere specific that i want to see... i suppose the test would be to navigate from your house to somewhere in st. louis that requires you to be on I-64/40 - and see if it actually takes you on that highway.

the highway is definitely there on my nav - it just thinks it's closed, so it won't take me on it for any route i try to program in.

maybe try to navigate to the arch, or busch stadium and see what it tells you?

Quick Reply: Obsolete Nav maps taken a small step farther...