Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Official Water Pump Replacement Campaign

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C'mon Canadians! Get busy! Write or Call Audi Canada Now!

Originally Posted by BCD-1
Ben

Any News from your Dealer ?

BCD-1
Got a call this morning from Audi Canada acknowledging the inconvenience caused with my Coolant Pump/Power Steering issues, etc. They've offered me a free car detail at any Audi dealership of my choice IN THE INTERIM, while they are contemplating those offers made by AudiUSA to their respective customers.
So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll be able to offer us Canadians, the exact same freebies that AudiUSA has so graciously offered theirs.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ben, I talked to my Dealer Today
I even emailed him the Thread.

He said that it was quite clear that we are in north America USA & CANADA ....
So this extended warranty will apply. I even faxed him the copies of the Audi of America, Inc Warranty extension all 4 pages.
Talk to your Dealer. My dealer says it will take a little time.

When I have problems to be resolved. I am calm and Cool.
A positive attitude always helps

Can you post some News

Thank YOU BCD-1
Ben I read your Post...
I will call my dealer in a couple of weeks ..
My Dealer had said give it a Month or so .

BCD-1
Old 03-23-2011, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by eppoh7
For you guys who are not sure if you have the plastic or aluminum pump housing, you can visually check to see which one you have:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...46&postcount=1
My Q5 has the aluminum housing and the door panel lists build date as 3/10.

I will still ask my dealership at my next service visit about this issue and see what they say but, thanks to this above post with link, I am knowledgeable going in.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Talked with Audi of America today. They only offer the Audi Care to people on a case by case basis. If you got stranded on the side of the road, in the cold, and had to get towed you are likely to get it. Since I caught the pump before complete failure and took it to the dealer, Audi Care wasn't offered to me.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ben I read your Post...
I will call my dealer in a couple of weeks ..
My Dealer had said give it a Month or so .

BCD-1
HI BCD.
Have you checked with your dealer there, or Audi Canada on those freebies that are being offered by Audi USA to their customers affected by the Coolant Pump issue?
Our dealers here are totally useless as they take a "cover their ***" stance. I called AudiCanada last week, and a lady there called "Monique" - she was the one that worked out a free Full Vehicle Detail for me - told me it is still under review and that they are seeking Audi's head office in Germany for advise. What do you think?
Old 04-12-2011, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I'll follow up with my Dealer next week

BCD-1
Old 07-19-2012, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Sorry to revive an old thread...but has anyone who was offered the Audicare on your next vehicle try to get that applied to your current vehicle instead to extend to Audicare Plus (55k/65k/75k services)? I just had my last service under original Audicare and was offer the Plus to cover until 75k @ $1050. I will most likely get it regardless, but was just wondering if anyone tried going this route.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Greetings,

I just purchased a used 2010 Q5 with the 3.2L engine. Outside of going to the dealer, is there place I can go to look up a VIN to see if it is affected by the water pump campaign, or any other recall, extended warranty, etc.?

Thanks,
Scott
Old 02-01-2013, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by scottndsky
Greetings,

I just purchased a used 2010 Q5 with the 3.2L engine. Outside of going to the dealer, is there place I can go to look up a VIN to see if it is affected by the water pump campaign, or any other recall, extended warranty, etc.?

Thanks,
Scott
Just call the service department of your nearest Audi dealer and ask them to look up the vehicle history. They will tell you whether the vehicle is still under warranty and hopefully shows 5 year / 100,000 miles powertrain warranty.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell
Just call the service department of your nearest Audi dealer and ask them to look up the vehicle history. They will tell you whether the vehicle is still under warranty and hopefully shows 5 year / 100,000 miles powertrain warranty.
There is no need for the vehicle to be under warranty to have the recall performed.

Quick Reply: Official Water Pump Replacement Campaign