Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

offroad package

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 08:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by moonan
Hi BCD-1.
I am researching the detail of the off-road package for installation on ?My Q5. My car (in Australia) is a 2.0 TDI, and the intercooler is the first point of damage in any front approach-angle incident off-road. It is in front of the radiator and slightly below, with just deformable plastic in front of and below it. I have a small dent in the bottom of the intercooler already - after an off-road day with the local ClubTouareg guys (my previous car was a Touareg).

So, can you tell me or show in pictures, is there any substantial protection offered by the front "stainless steel underbody protection" included as part of the "front valance" (or "front spoiler" or "front bumper" depending on the advertising in your particular country). I am not so concerned about the rear protection as my tow hitch will likely be the point of scraping there.
Also in your opinion, would it be possible to just install this one part to protect the front, or does it require the wheel arch extensions to maintain the line of the new lower bumper area?

thanks,

..Neil

Neil - I am out on ClubTouareg as well and sold my Treg a couple years ago. We loved offloading the Treg all over Colorado and was thinking of getting another one until we drove the Q5! WOW!

Question to you How does the Q ofroad compared to the Treg?
Old 10-20-2009, 08:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by allaudigarage
and it's not a Q5, and your Q5 won't get you there, don't even try. Don't get me wrong, I love my Q5, but if you wanna get up here, this is how you do it.
Attachment 4862
Actually THIS is an Offroad package Top of Black Bear Pass in Telluride. I have done Mosquito Pass as well and have to say the switchbacks on blackbear ae a bit scary!
Attached Images  
Old 10-21-2009, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I have been Swammped with work.
My Q5 needs a wash. Bad !!!!

I will take some pictures this week.

Regards Robert
Old 10-26-2009, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Here is The Front

Originally Posted by moonan
Hi BCD-1.
I am researching the detail of the off-road package for installation on ?My Q5. My car (in Australia) is a 2.0 TDI, and the intercooler is the first point of damage in any front approach-angle incident off-road. It is in front of the radiator and slightly below, with just deformable plastic in front of and below it. I have a small dent in the bottom of the intercooler already - after an off-road day with the local ClubTouareg guys (my previous car was a Touareg).

So, can you tell me or show in pictures, is there any substantial protection offered by the front "stainless steel underbody protection" included as part of the "front valance" (or "front spoiler" or "front bumper" depending on the advertising in your particular country). I am not so concerned about the rear protection as my tow hitch will likely be the point of scraping there.
Also in your opinion, would it be possible to just install this one part to protect the front, or does it require the wheel arch extensions to maintain the line of the new lower bumper area?

thanks,

..Neil

Protectection looks Great seems to be Solid looks anyway very solid. Sorry about the water the Q5 was just washed

Stainless is right to the botton of the RAD

That's what it takes

Robert
Attached Images  
Old 10-26-2009, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Rear

Originally Posted by BCD-1
Protectection looks Great seems to be Solid looks anyway very solid. Sorry about the water the Q5 was just washed

Stainless is right to the botton of the RAD

That's what it takes

Robert
Rear Pic once again Solid as a Rock
Arch kit solid as a Rock

Robert
Attached Images   
Old 10-26-2009, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by BCD-1
Rear Pic once again Solid as a Rock
Arch kit solid as a Rock

Robert
Sorry about the water Bubbles
Old 10-26-2009, 11:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by DrV
I notice in the Audi Accessory brochure that the off-road package includes running boards. Any reason that you did not include those with your order?

Sorry for the Delay

I never asked my Dealer to install them

Robert
Old 10-29-2009, 04:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by RvDUB
Neil - I am out on ClubTouareg as well and sold my Treg a couple years ago. We loved offloading the Treg all over Colorado and was thinking of getting another one until we drove the Q5! WOW!

Question to you How does the Q ofroad compared to the Treg?

Neil, I found another Off Road 2.0T
Attached Images  
Old 10-29-2009, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

hoho ! with genuine runningboards...
Up to now I only saw Q7 with these runningbords
I toyed with the idea, but I finally canceled the project and I even decided not to install the mudflaps I purchased
the Q5 is one of the few SUV's that you can leave with clean pants, even in the worst weather, dus to the particuliar design of the lower doors (treholds remain dry in every circumstances like in an older Saab 900 Classic)
Runnigboards will ruin the advantage of this fine design
Old 10-29-2009, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by guyguyke
hoho ! with genuine runningboards...
Up to now I only saw Q7 with these runningbords
I toyed with the idea, but I finally canceled the project and I even decided not to install the mudflaps I purchased
the Q5 is one of the few SUV's that you can leave with clean pants, even in the worst weather, dus to the particuliar design of the lower doors (treholds remain dry in every circumstances like in an older Saab 900 Classic)
Runnigboards will ruin the advantage of this fine design
I did not enjoy the look of the side running Boards.
So my Q5 Stays as a cross country looking Audi.

Ready for what The Quebec Winters have to Offer

BCD-1
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: offroad package