Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Ordered a MY13 Q5

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordered a MY13 Q5

I had posted sometime back on agreeing to an order for a Q5. This was for my wife. Short story, she wanted to cancel the order to consider other options. So I did and we proceeded to test drive several vehicles including the Honda CR-V, BMW X3 and Volvo XC60 T6 AWD. The Honda, while not in the same league as the others, was more for a cost savings approach.

There was a lot to like about the competitive vehicles except for the Honda. We both hated it including the powertrain, color combo, lack of luxury, etc. Cost not being a consideration,I would've gone for the X3. In the end my wife strongly favored the Q5. Thus we agreed to order for a MY13 Q5 Premium Plus 2.0T, B&O, Nav, 19" rims, Adv Key. The color combo is Moonlight Blue w/ Beige (I don't recall the actual name).

Edit, after reading some of the posts on AW I contacted the CA and changed the engine to the 3.0T. At this point we have deal of $500 over invoice minus loyalty. Estimate delivery is sometime October/November.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Beautiful car, congrats. I wouldve probably opted for cinnamon interior if available.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Big W, given my choice of color combo, I would've also gone with cinnamon. My wife didn't like it and was only drawn to the beige. My only request was for the B&O sound and later the 3.0T engine. Otherwise it's her car that I'll drive on family drives.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Big W
Beautiful car, congrats. I wouldve probably opted for cinnamon interior if available.
I don't think Cinnamon is an option for 2013. If you look at the Allroad, Chestnut Brown looks to be the new Cinnamon. And I don't think Cinnamon is an option for any of the 2013's, per the order guide.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by NHman
Edit, after reading some of the posts on AW I contacted the CA and changed the engine to the 3.0T. At this point we have deal of $500 over invoice minus loyalty. Estimate delivery is sometime October/November.
How did you manage to work this out without the order guide ? I'm just curious because I did not get the impression that the dealership in my area would put anything in writing until the order guide is out.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by NHman
I had posted sometime back on agreeing to an order for a Q5. This was for my wife. Short story, she wanted to cancel the order to consider other options. So I did and we proceeded to test drive several vehicles including the Honda CR-V, BMW X3 and Volvo XC60 T6 AWD. The Honda, while not in the same league as the others, was more for a cost savings approach.

There was a lot to like about the competitive vehicles except for the Honda. We both hated it including the powertrain, color combo, lack of luxury, etc. Cost not being a consideration,I would've gone for the X3. In the end my wife strongly favored the Q5. Thus we agreed to order for a MY13 Q5 Premium Plus 2.0T, B&O, Nav, 19" rims, Adv Key. The color combo is Moonlight Blue w/ Beige (I don't recall the actual name).

Awesome! You got a great deal ($500 over invoice). What is your location and from which Audi dealer? I am interested in MY13 Q5 3.0T as well. I live in San Francisco Bay Area and try to find a Audi dealer who is easy to deal with. I would be very happy if I would get a deal for $500 over invoice.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by stash64
How did you manage to work this out without the order guide ? I'm just curious because I did not get the impression that the dealership in my area would put anything in writing until the order guide is out.
The paperwork was originally written-up for the 2.0T referring the MY12 guide with a note for $500 over invoice. We compared numbers for invoice and had the same value. It was also noted on the paperwork to adjust for any MY13 price increase. The GM believed the updated pricing guide would be out by the 2nd week of July.

When I changed it to the 3.0T, the same arrangement is in-place except the option bundles would be different. I just wanted to be the 1st or 2nd in the order queue.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tommy_88
Awesome! You got a great deal ($500 over invoice). What is your location and from which Audi dealer? I am interested in MY13 Q5 3.0T as well. I live in San Francisco Bay Area and try to find a Audi dealer who is easy to deal with. I would be very happy if I would get a deal for $500 over invoice.
I live in the New England area and arranged the deal with IRA Audi in Peabody, MA. My wife purchased a CPO A4 from them last year. I might be ordering my replacement vehicle (RS5) through them but this was not a requirement of the Q5 deal.

Based on MY13 3.2 Premium w/ options, the current buy price would be $44,320. This does factor the Audi Loyalty. I estimate a 1% increase adjusting the price to $44,763.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Be Patient

I claim I am the most patient in this forum.
I ordered mine in July 2011 hoping to be the first with a Q5 diesel.
Now I know that the diesel will be arriving only in the 1st quarter of 2013 and it will not be the european SQ5.

I have therefore opted for the 2.0T, scuba blue(hopefully), S-line, Brown leather, B&O,
and 20's 5-triple spoke(Hope).

I will definitely be the first in their allocation for the 2013 Q5.

If the SQ5 comes in 2014, I will change my 2013 for it.

Jean Francois from Neuville Quebec.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

jfp84, that's a nice build with the 2.0T and scuba blue.

The SQ5 is interesting but my wife would never go for it. Oh well, I'll make do with the "basic" 3.0T.

Quick Reply: Ordered a MY13 Q5