Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Photos after tint and clear bra

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 80% Suntek CXP on front windshield installed!

Total Tint's on my Q5:
Suntek CXP 80 on front windshield and sunroof
Suntek CXP 18 On Front Driver/Passenger
Suntek CXP 35 on all remaining glass.

I was hesitant to get tints on the front windshield, but after a long weekend trip to key west I decided to get it installed.

Loving how it looks from the outside(much darker look than it really is) and it is barely noticeable on the inside. Temperature wise in the car is a HUGE difference when leaving it sit in the sun.

Last edited by mwaarna; 11-11-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mwaarna
Total Tint's on my Q5:
Suntek CXP 80 on front windshield and sunroof
Suntek CXP 18 On Front Driver/Passenger
Suntek CXP 35 on all remaining glass.

I was hesitant to get tints on the front windshield, but after a long weekend trip to key west I decided to get it installed.

Loving how it looks from the outside(much darker look than it really is) and it is barely noticeable on the inside. Temperature wise in the car is a HUGE difference when leaving it sit in the sun.

Good lookin car!
Old 11-11-2013, 11:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have any thoughts on formula one/ llumar? The shops around here that do the xpel ultimate seem to have those tints avail.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChuChuTrain
Anyone have any thoughts on formula one/ llumar? The shops around here that do the xpel ultimate seem to have those tints avail.
I've had Llumar on our other car for 3+ years with no problems. A good shop/installer makes the difference. If you go to their website they have information on the performance properties of each of their films.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Q5 Bob
I've had Llumar on our other car for 3+ years with no problems. A good shop/installer makes the difference. If you go to their website they have information on the performance properties of each of their films.
Agreed...Llumar is good tint. I've had a couple pars tinted with it in the past...but as Q5 Bob said...it's all about the installer.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Added tint on the front-door windows as well...

I ended up getting SunTek CXP 55 put on the front doors as well. I'll try to get matching shots that I had previously posted, but for now here's some idea of what it looks like. It's not much tint at all, but it's certainly helped with the heat on the front passengers. My original intent for getting tint at all was for our 2yr old in the rear seat, so then I only did rear windows (55) and sunroof (70). That helped notably and decided to do the fronts as well. At 55, it's hardly noticeable at all, but does help with heat reflectivity which is what I was going for.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ChuChuTrain
I just had Llumar CTX 30 put on the front side windows of my wifes car. I like the look. I read good things about Llumar in several different forums on the net and I chose a local dealer that had excellent ratings. I will post pics in a couple of weeks. Need to wait until next summer to decide if the tint works as advertised.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark P

Sorry to go of topic, but I felt it was necessary...

Man... I wish I would have held off on my SQ5 purchase, and waited for the "black" edition...

Great/tasteful looking rig here!!! <--jealous of the black trim, roof rack rails, and grills...
Old 11-12-2013, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Originally Posted by DawgBone
Sorry to go of topic, but I felt it was necessary...

Man... I wish I would have held off on my SQ5 purchase, and waited for the "black" edition...

Great/tasteful looking rig here!!! <--jealous of the black trim, roof rack rails, and grills...
Oh thanks! There's black around the windows as well. I swapped out the dark wheels though as that was too much for me. See original post in this thread for those photos