Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Pic Request: Glacier White SQ5 with 20" wheels

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pic Request: Glacier White SQ5 with 20" wheels

Hi all,

I have an SQ5 on order (looks like week of 8/26 it should be complete) and I have ordered the standard 20" wheels. There are a handful of pics that have posted on here, but it seems all of them are with the 21" optional wheels. Those cars look fantastic. I'm now concerned that the 20" won't look so good...and I think there is time for my order to be updated.

thanks in advance for any help. Glacier white is preferred, but other colors are OK too.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

No doubt the 21" wheels look better, but 20" have advantages as well. Ride is more comfortable with lesser chance of tire/wheel damage, plus much better and cheaper tire selection. For the 21", you're limited to only one tire (Dunlop) costing $400 each, while 20s cost half that with much wider selection. You can also get UHPAS for the 20s, with no such option for the 21" size). Also, the skinny low sidewall tires tend to make the wheel gap look optically bigger vs higher sidewall.
Attached Images   
Old 08-05-2013, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by gtwagon941
Hi all,

I have an SQ5 on order (looks like week of 8/26 it should be complete) and I have ordered the standard 20" wheels. There are a handful of pics that have posted on here, but it seems all of them are with the 21" optional wheels. Those cars look fantastic. I'm now concerned that the 20" won't look so good...and I think there is time for my order to be updated.

thanks in advance for any help. Glacier white is preferred, but other colors are OK too.

Autogespot has been satisfying my SQ5 fix for a while now. I even have it set to send me email alerts for my favorite car spots as soon as they're posted to the site.

Here's a link to the most recent white SQ5(TDi) with 20" wheels.

http://www.autogespot.nl/audi-sq5-td...013/08/04#img5
You can customize your own search for other examples.

I really like these "spots" as it shows what the cars really look like in the wild, instead of the usual car show/showroom clean.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks all. I just sent the Glacier white pic above and one from the auotgespot site to my wife (this is really her car) and her response: "I am in love". I guess that's all a guy could hope for!

She wasn't so sure how the black lower and silver upper of the mirrors would look with the white...guess that isn't going to be an issue!
Old 08-05-2013, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gtwagon941
Thanks all. I just sent the Glacier white pic above and one from the auotgespot site to my wife (this is really her car) and her response: "I am in love". I guess that's all a guy could hope for!

She wasn't so sure how the black lower and silver upper of the mirrors would look with the white...guess that isn't going to be an issue!
I'm still not sure about the silver mirrors on my glacier white SQ5... Might change them, but then the silver mirrors are one of the subtle 'S' cars unique points so I kind of want to keep them for that reason - ahhh!!!

Check out the sticky photo thread in this forum for a load of pics of mine BTW...
Old 08-05-2013, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by josedebardi
I'm still not sure about the silver mirrors on my glacier white SQ5... Might change them, but then the silver mirrors are one of the subtle 'S' cars unique points so I kind of want to keep them for that reason - ahhh!!!

Check out the sticky photo thread in this forum for a load of pics of mine BTW...
Not a fan of the silver mirrors with White. Either white.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:18 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by JaXeN
Autogespot has been satisfying my SQ5 fix for a while now. I even have it set to send me email alerts for my favorite car spots as soon as they're posted to the site.

Here's a link to the most recent white SQ5(TDi) with 20" wheels.

http://www.autogespot.nl/audi-sq5-td...013/08/04#img5
You can customize your own search for other examples.

I really like these "spots" as it shows what the cars really look like in the wild, instead of the usual car show/showroom clean.
I've been trolling autogespot for some SQ5 fixes too. Wile the US spec white looks fine with the 20" wheels, there's no doubt in my mind that it looks much better in the Euro-spec 30mm (1.3") lower set up.

My Ice Sliver SQ5 on 20s is about 1 month out so I have to wait to see how it looks after a break in (1,000 miles?) to see how it settles before deciding whether to lower it or not.

Steve