Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Picked up my 2011 Q5 2.0T White/Cinnamon (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My experience with New Country was very positive actually. It was mainly due to the salesperson I had.

Here is my story:
We went into the dealership in December just to check out the Q5. It was 12PM on a Friday and the dealership was empty, everyone was out to lunch. Our salesperson was extremely pleasant to deal with and he went above and beyond for us. He borrowed his manager's 3.2 which we drove around for a long time. Then I asked to test drive the 2.0t which he arranged. He explained the both models well to us. What really impressed me about the Audi's was that he had me stand on the door (what the side pocket is) of a Q7 and told me to jump up and down on it to show how well build the Audi's are and the door/body held up very well. I am 185lbs...

I was not ready to make a deal at the time so we said goodbye to the manager and the salesperson and they both walked us out. I made it clear that I wasn't ready and they weren't pushy at all.

Two months later, I got a couple quotes online but decided to go back to the dealership anyway because we really like our salesperson. It was a Friday again at 1PM and the place was packed. Our salesperson managed to remember both our names!!! We haggled a bit because the online quotes were lower than his price which I've expected. He throw in the trunk/floor mats and some goodies and we had a deal.

The salesperson called 2 months later and said the car may arrive earlier than expected and it was.

I didn't go through finance with Audi so there isn't much to talk about there. The fiance manager had a couple of extra warranty items but didn't try to pressure us when we picked up our car.

Audi does send a survey for the salesperson after the deal is done, and my salesperson did an excellent job.

His name is Robert McGuire by the way.