Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

picking up my Q5 next week

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 08:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default picking up my Q5 next week

Im picking up my Q5 next week and am very excited. Anything i should look for in particular before i drive off the lot?
Old 03-23-2010, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Be sure they give you the spare plastic emergency key and check the glove box for the fob for it, also the Ipod cable and roof racks. All these things were conveniently missing from mine when I picked it up and I had to go back to get them,, made me wonder about the dealer.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sacker00
Im picking up my Q5 next week and am very excited. Anything i should look for in particular before i drive off the lot?

Look for oncoming traffic

Congrats, I hope to be picking mine up in the next month or so.... I would check the interior details and the paint on the outside. In previous cars (not Audi's) I have had spotty paint jobs with rough spots in the paint and a leather wrapped steering wheel where the stitching was already coming loose.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the responses. I might have to pick it up at night which i really dont want to do because i wont be able to look over the paint that well. Maybe ill ask them to pull it in the service area so i can look it over with some light.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the responses. I might have to pick it up at night which i really dont want to do because i wont be able to look over the paint that well. Maybe ill ask them to pull it in the service area so i can look it over with some light.

You would be much better off waiting to check it out during "daylight"!
Old 03-23-2010, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Enjoy the Ride, take it easy under 3600 RPM for about 1500 Km

BCD-1

Congrats
Old 03-23-2010, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Either way bring a camera and shoot all sides. Then If you do find anything the next day you can check your own log.
There was a tiny chip in my hood, they argued but it was actually visible when I zoomed into the photo. Case closed.
The upside is you can also show them to us
Old 03-23-2010, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

We'll pick our Q5 this weekend. It arrived at the dealer yesterday but we're about 100 miles away. They'll tint the windows and sunroof in the interim.

Salesperson said we will need at least 60 minutes (if not more) of "training". A "technology-dense" vehicle I guess.

Enjoy your Q5 in good health!
Old 03-23-2010, 04:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by manup
You would be much better off waiting to check it out during "daylight"!
I know i should pick it up during the day but i dont think i can leave work to do it. Dealer wants to close out the deal before the end of the month but ill try and convince them to wait till the weekend. I will def post some pics when i get a chance.

Thanks deutschmick. Enjoy your Q5 as well.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by deutschmick
We'll pick our Q5 this weekend. It arrived at the dealer yesterday but we're about 100 miles away. They'll tint the windows and sunroof in the interim.

Salesperson said we will need at least 60 minutes (if not more) of "training". A "technology-dense" vehicle I guess.

Enjoy your Q5 in good health!
Those folks at North Scottsdale Audi will treat you rite, they want you to be 100% with your new Q5 and as one of the top Audi dealers in the US they want you to rate them accordingly in their survey! I really enjoyed dealing with them, congrats on your new Q!

Quick Reply: picking up my Q5 next week