Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017
Old 07-25-2016, 08:56 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Brake Guides
Print Wikipost

Pics-Brake calipers painted w/ decals

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 07:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great!! Nice job! Makes a huge difference in looks
Old 04-24-2012, 12:46 AM
AF1
AudiWorld Junior Member

Looks great!!
Going to ask this question again since I can't find an answer.
Where did you lift your Q with a floor jack to get the jack stands under what looks like the jacking points?

Thanks
Old 04-24-2012, 04:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AF1
Looks great!!
Going to ask this question again since I can't find an answer.
Where did you lift your Q with a floor jack to get the jack stands under what looks like the jacking points?

Thanks
In the front I just lifted underneath the suspension arms first then in the back I lifted in the center of the rear axle. When I set the Q back down I used the center of the front axle as well to lift the front end completely. If you look underneath, the front and rear axles are covered with plastic to keep road grime and such out which makes it hard to find those lifting points. However, each cover in the front and rear in the center has and indentation and a screw were the cover is attached to the center of both axles. So find them and use that as your lifting points and jack! I was scrounging for this information myself on the internet and found nothing concrete, so I got underneath and located these two areas and used my own judgment which probably wasn't the smartest, but I felt confident enough.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:46 PM
tgt
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Thunderdent and pokerfad -

Can you tell me which seller (or point me to the auction) that you each used? I'm going to be painting my calipers and would like to pick up the vinyl. pokerfad - the red badge on your decal looks a bit lighter red, is that fair (unless it's the pics)? I'd prefer the darker red badge as it 'looks' like Thunderdent has.

Thanks!
tgt
Old 05-01-2012, 07:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audi-S-line-...ht_2482wt_1037

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audi-Rings-B...ht_2482wt_1037

I'm pretty sure this was the place. I know they came from England.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tgt
Thunderdent and pokerfad -

Can you tell me which seller (or point me to the auction) that you each used? I'm going to be painting my calipers and would like to pick up the vinyl. pokerfad - the red badge on your decal looks a bit lighter red, is that fair (unless it's the pics)? I'd prefer the darker red badge as it 'looks' like Thunderdent has.

Thanks!
tgt
The sline decals I purchased on ebay were from a seller in the UK. I also ordered logo rings which I used my A7 calipers and they came form Arizona. The ones from the UK came first and the came well protected and with easy to follow instructions. the seller in AZ didn't have the sline decals available at the time. Both seem to be of like quality.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:09 AM
tgt
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks gentlemen, very helpful. Did either of your apply a clear over top of the sticker? I believe one of the auctions (when looking last evening) mentioned that a clear should be applied over the top.

Thanks again,
tgt
Old 05-02-2012, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had mine done at a custom shop. No, there is not a clear coat over them that I can tell.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:41 AM
AF1
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks. I'll have to take a look next time I'm under there.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:29 AM
tgt
AudiWorld Senior Member

Just ordered the below vinyl caliper decals in their 'silver' color with red badge (obviously there are quite a few options out there, but I liked the color of these and that it's the 8-12 yr vinyl). I will post my thoughts and pictures once complete.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260867000468...ht_4284wt_1110

Thanks again to both of you for taking the plunge first!

-tgt

Quick Reply: Pics-Brake calipers painted w/ decals